Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Boats > Electric Trolling Motors

Electric Trolling Motors The ultimate bream fishing accessory...

Old 21-06-2011, 05:58 AM
Fingerling

watersnake wont go.....any ideas

hey all,

My watersnake has stopped working,
its a 44lb bow mount motor and up until now (3years) its been good,
the other day it just wouldnt go though, i did hear a bit of a click or something initially when i switched it on, so i checked all the wiring (perfect) and the battery connections (all ok there too) also tried a mates pedal to no avail.

I then opened the whole thing up when i got home and everything looks normal,
not any real corrosion to speak of and all the wires are in tact,
the circuit board in the head of the unit looks fine too

any ideas as this is well out of warranty now,

thanks heaps,

Ben
Old 21-06-2011, 06:08 AM
Blue Lip

More a guess, but there isn't a fuse that has blown?
Old 21-06-2011, 06:23 AM
Fingerling

yeah certainly sounds like it, i thought the same thing but when i opened the thing up i cant find a fuse anywhere
Old 21-06-2011, 06:29 AM
Poddy Bream

get yourself a new circut board mine done the same problem fixed contact jarvis marine direct their about $80 + postage

you should have a fuse between the motor and battery as stated in the wiring diagram that come with the motor not a big drama but (no internal fuse to my knowledge)
Old 21-06-2011, 10:33 PM
Mature Bream

I would call Jarvis Marine and find out the number of the service center in your state. Take it to them for diagnosis.
No point randomly replacing components unless you are 100% that the problem is what you are replacing.
Old 21-06-2011, 11:59 PM
Gummy Guy

There is a good chance that the position sensor in the head of the electric has become stuck. this is a common problem with the water snakes and become aparent over time. To check this take the cover off the head of the electric (there should be 4 philips head screws to unsrew). Once the head is off you will notice a small black box (approx 20mm x 20mm x 8mm) standing vertical. This is where the sensor lives. Carefully take the front cover off the box. You will notice a triangular lever here. this should be in the vertical position when electric is down. Move the lever back and forth to ensure fluidity of movement. Clip cover back on sensor box and test the electric.

Hopefully that will rectify your problem.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:35 AM
Blue Lip

I've had nothing but trouble with mine, and since mine has done the same thing! Just decided it wont go anymore! Does anyone know the contatc details for Tassie support?
Old 08-07-2011, 04:12 AM
Blue Lip

If there is a click there is no fuse blown. If there was a fuse blown there would be zip. I sometimes have to unplug my foot pedal and then plug it back in. I have a 54lb so perhaps different. Mine is probaby 5 years old now and I have never ever had any troubles at all so who knows. When there is a bad connection for the foot pedal to the leccy mine makes that sound too. Gonna sound crazy but try plugging everything in except for the foot pedal. Then pour some water onto the plug the foot pedal plugs into. The resistance the water gives makes my motor spin(found that out washing down my boat after taking the foot pedal inside). If that works you may have a problem with your pedal or the plug somewhere.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:29 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatch View Post
I've had nothing but trouble with mine, and since mine has done the same thing! Just decided it wont go anymore! Does anyone know the contatc details for Tassie support?
Take it back to place of Purchase. From my experience Jarvis Walker were great.

I took my motor back to place of Purchase in Victoria, on a Monday. Jarvis Walker( Adelaide) collected via overnight courier and called me on the Wednesday to discuss my concerns.. On Friday my local dealer was calling, advising the motor was ready to collect in Victoria..

Give em a call see what they can do to help..

Cheers Nick
Old 08-07-2011, 06:44 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabcrusher View Post
Take it back to place of Purchase. From my experience Jarvis Walker were great.

I took my motor back to place of Purchase in Victoria, on a Monday. Jarvis Walker( Adelaide) collected via overnight courier and called me on the Wednesday to discuss my concerns.. On Friday my local dealer was calling, advising the motor was ready to collect in Victoria..

Give em a call see what they can do to help..

Cheers Nick
I actually brought mine off ebay from a certified dealer! Still have wrranty and everything, which is why I asked If anyone knew the contact details for Jarvis Walker in Tasmania.

Cheers!
Old 08-07-2011, 08:24 AM
Poddy Bream

Quote:
I actually brought mine off ebay from a certified dealer! Still have wrranty and everything, which is why I asked If anyone knew the contact details for Jarvis Walker in Tasmania.

Cheers!
Another option is ask your local tackle store if they can help , I purchased mine through ebay, but they quite happily helped me get my problem solved with mine when it had issues with a foot pedal.
Old 08-07-2011, 08:40 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:

Cheers!
Ah OK.. Maybe try this..

http://www.jarviswalker.com.au/contact-us/

There does not appear to be a Jarvis Walker resource in Tassie, on the link, but thats not to say they dont have an agent.

Jst trying to help..
Old 08-07-2011, 09:27 PM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabcrusher View Post
Ah OK.. Maybe try this..

http://www.jarviswalker.com.au/contact-us/

There does not appear to be a Jarvis Walker resource in Tassie, on the link, but thats not to say they dont have an agent.

Jst trying to help..
Thanks mate! Appreciate it! Will try and get a hold agent down here or the ebay dealer! Appreciate the help guys! Cheers!