Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Boats > Electric Trolling Motors

Electric Trolling Motors The ultimate bream fishing accessory...

Old 12-03-2010, 02:30 PM
Big Bream

watersnakes

i have a 54lb watersnake on my bluefin.the first one died on me and was replaced immediately.it was rusted up inside.the older models are not sealed very well so all i did was use some silkaflex to seal the hole where the wiring goes into the head unit and never had a problem since.just for a laugh you should open up the head unit and have a look,like a 12 year olds shool project.cheap and cheerful but they work.contact mark maundrell at jarvis walker if you have any problems,i got a brand new one within a week.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:15 PM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by shano View Post
ive had my 40lb minn kota for about 4 years now and its been as loyal as anything to me. today i just bought my third foot pedal but i wouldnt relate that to the minn kota electric motor's performance itself. foot pedals come into alot more physical contact than the motor and eventually the contacts in the foot pedals will give way but with good care and a rinse of freshwater after every use should ensure you get a healthy lifespan. the minn kota or any motor for that matter need servicing but its worth it as im really gettin the results and satisfaction out of mine.
TLC is the best medicine
TLC aye shane? is that why is climbs all those trees? Tree Log Climbing? haha nah the minn kotas are tough both shane and i have freshwater ones to and the only thing that has caused a problem it the footpedal (not that i treat mine the best)..

a fish a day keeps your money away
Old 17-03-2010, 06:16 AM
Mature Bream

In the market for a new lecci me self at the moment, iv had a bow mount cable steer for the last 2 years and cant fault it.

Iv had a play with the new motorguide wirless model and hated it, found the foot control really dificult to operate compared to the cable steer model.
im sure it is something that you would get used to.

Questions.

Im leaning towards the minkota riptide. What are peoples experiance with the foot pedal??
easy to use??
What about lifting the motor in and out of the water???

as i said the motoguide has been nothing but a dream so should i just stick with what i no???

PB Bream 50cm-->100mm wriggler
PB Perch 50cm-->100mm wriggler
PB Bass 54cm-->sx48
PB Trout 62cm-->sx48
Old 17-03-2010, 06:18 PM
Poddy Bream

I had a riptide on a previous boat and found the foot pedal is easy to use. I never had any problems with mine, but have heard people go through a few foot pedals due to wear and tear.Maybe they dont maintain them, im not sure.
I would buy another one exept looking at the price of them compared to watersnake, i think i will try watersnake this time.

Cheers
Kane
Old 17-03-2010, 08:32 PM
EnviroJigs

Does the Watersnake have an autopilot feature?
Ive checked a few sites and am getting conflicting info
Old 17-03-2010, 10:27 PM
Mature Bream

Hey Bubba,

As far as I know, the watersnakes do not have autopilot feature. Autopilot is a Minnkota feature where you set the direction, press go and it automatically keeps you on that heading. They do have a model with a remote control (wrist control) which is not the same as autopilot.

If you are chasing watersnake info, PM Madaff (Rob), he helped me heaps with my Watersnake questions.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:00 AM
Fingerling

hi guys,i have just posted my mina kota for sale on this site
mine is auto pilot,it has given trouble twice in 3 years
both times the foot pedal,i think if you dont wash properly
and gets sand causes the trouble,i am selling mine because
of a knee injury, i cant kneel down to employ motor,but overall i think the mina kota is as good as it gets for electrics
ROD 0428431788