Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Lures > Hard Bodies

Hard Bodies Diving minnows are the name of the game here…
Attack, Halco, Oargee, Tilsan. Rebel…

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27-01-2023, 11:28 PM
Big Bream

restocking after theft

Well, I had an interesting trip to Tathra on the NSW far South coast. Mostly surf fishing and went ok with salmon, tailor and even a kingfish, which was a cool surprise from the beach. A few calamari from the wharf and some local prawns too made for a good trip. Unfortunately, i got some gear stolen when I took my light gear down to the beach one evening to fish for bream and whiting. Not 100% sure what happened, but I must have sat the gear down when packing the car to leave and somehow left them behind. Thankfully i still have the rods and reels but I couldn't find the bags the next morning and when i went back to where I had parked, the bag that had most my lures was now an empty bag chucked on the ground and the tackle box with more lures, leaders, tools etc etc was gone. So not really theft I guess, but annoying they werent handed
in to police or life saving club that was right there and now I need to replace them.

To be honest, I don't know what I had because most were longstanding lures. I know I had SX40s, some sugarpens and vibes and some random stickbaits, but it was quite a mix (probably lost 3 full boxes of lures plus a box packed with jig heads and a pile of soft plastics) that Id cycle through when fishing rivers and estuaries. I dont go fishing as often anymore, but like to be well stocked when I do so am looking to restock with a cut down selection. I know what I want/need in plastics and jigheads and will buy my favorites SX40s and vibes but am hoping people might have some suggestions for more current generation hardbodies they would recommend to have in the new kit.

It would be great if people could recommend a few go-to hardbodies they use that would suit shore based bream fishing and perhaps some light beach fishing suitable for throwing around on 6lb line in the beach shallows at dusk in VIc.NSW. I head into fishing stores now and I don't recognize half of whats there so advice on what works for others would be fantastic. Thanks.

Last edited by Cortinaboy; 27-01-2023 at 11:33 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: