Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Boats > Hulls

Hulls Come in here to find info on that next boat you buy…

Old 15-03-2017, 12:38 AM
Poddy Bream

Decision on bass boat

Ok guys i need some opinions, i'm looking at two used bass boats, a 2011 duel console Nitro z7 with 150 optimax and a 2012 single console Basscat Margay with 150 pro xs, both motors less then 80hrs on them, the nitro will be about $1000 more, both with standard electronics, both boats have there pros and cons and im struggling to decide.
Old 15-03-2017, 08:51 PM
Blue Lip

If you can test ride/drive both and decide, that would be my suggestion.

Both will be good, stable hulls. Figure out which one has a better layout and more storage options.

The Basscat should also be faster!

Good luck and hope it all works out

Follow my fishing travels on Facebook
Old 16-03-2017, 03:07 AM
Mature Bream

Im in a similar situation i really like the newer nitros loads of storage.im currently in the market im just not sure if i wait for something local or import 1 are u importing ? Local?
Old 17-03-2017, 02:27 AM
Poddy Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by macca64 View Post
Im in a similar situation i really like the newer nitros loads of storage.im currently in the market im just not sure if i wait for something local or import 1 are u importing ? Local?
At the moment i'm looking to import, abit expensive with the current dollar but if you can get the right price you can still get a good deal.
The nitro is abit bigger boat but i think the basscat would possibly hold its value abit better.
Old 19-03-2017, 08:05 AM
Blue Lip

You can't compare a bass cat and nitro

Put it this way Nitro are like Hyundais you get what you pay for

pb 47cm placcies Murray River
pb 44cm hards Murray River
Old 20-03-2017, 07:20 AM
Fingerling

Im not a Nitro or BCB owner but IMHO I would go Bass Cat. I own a G3 Eagle Talon DLX and am looking at upgrading to a Ranger, Pheonix or Basscat. Ive narrowed it down to BCB or Pheonix. Both brands ride good in rough water but Im talking 19ft+ boats.

The Z7 fitout is easier on the eye than the Margay. When u take practicality or more to the point fishability into account then its Margay which is streaks ahead.

Its fast (mid to low 60's - mph when maxed out HP wise), good rough water ride, all things in the back are easy to get to, bilge pumps, batteries, livewell pumps battery charger oil bottle etc, takes 8 foot rods and tons of storage. Console solid all fibreglass so you can dual mount 2 x 12" sounders no probs. You can also flush mount a large graph on the front unlike the Z7.

BCB started in 1971 and are the oldest original family owned company making bass boats today. They are all about quality. The lifetime transferable hull warranty is a rare feature. The company uses solid fiberglass everywhere; there's no wood, no foam composites in structural members. The A-beam stringer matrix has minimal weight and maximum strength thanks to vacuum-bagging, which sucks out excess resin and eliminates air voids. Layup extras include vinylester resin throughout, which is more expensive than standard resin but boasts three times the flexibility, eliminating stress cracks after years of hard use.

If you go to the forums on Bass Boat Central there is a lot of good info there. The people on there will steer you in the right direction. Its true what one of the other blokes said that a Nitro is akin to a Hyundai and you get what u pay for. It also pays to google problems with Bass Cat Boats and Problems with Nitro Boats. I did that when I was tossing up between buying a Tracker and buying a G3. I'm glad I did.

Also if you self import you may not get the local BCB and Nitro agents importers honoring your warranty so Its better to go with the better built boat.

If your budget is $50 k Grant Kime in NSW has a new one which he won as AOY last year from BCB Australia. Look it up in the BCB Aus facebook page. Looks like he's never used it.

Definately test ride both. You dont want to be shelling out that sort of money if the ride, fishability, speed and quality is not there. It also takes some time to learn how to get the best out of the hull of a bass boat. Driving a bass boat is a lot different to driving say a Hornet Trophy etc. Ya gotta get most of the hull of the water. Then it rides smoothly, performs well and hits top speed. Good luck with your search.

Last edited by Braddo06; 20-03-2017 at 07:23 AM.
Old 20-03-2017, 07:35 AM
Poddy Bream

BassCat all the way....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: