Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Boats > Hulls

Hulls Come in here to find info on that next boat you buy…

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-02-2019, 04:37 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceManDude View Post
Yeah the 130L tank will keep it going for quite a while, especially when a lot of the fishing will be done under electric power.

I'll be doing a number of walk arounds, i just need to get it outside as there isn't enough room in the shed for anything let alone a walk around...

I'll be putting a 90 on the back, recommended is 70 - 90 however if i wanted, and with some redesign (approved by the engineer) i could go a 115 (like another builder has) but i really have no need.
Yeah the bigger the engine the more fuel you'll burn - even at idle. And the more horses you have - the more likely you are to use them

Wide open throttle burns 3 times more fuel than half throttle - but it might not make you go 3 times faster - so its worth doing the maths on ideal cruising speeds to make sure you get the best out of those 130l......or you can just jam the throttle down at the start of the journey and hang on

Heres a fuel estimator for a variety of brands - its annoying they dont show the speeds the boat is traveling at - I'll keep searching - but I've heard that 3500 rpm is a good amount of revs to cruise on for fuel consumption - obviously it would be different for different boat engine combos but if you arent in a hurry - no need to burn juice unnecessarily

http://www.boat-fuel-economy.com/mer...umption-liters

Last edited by yellow door 1; 18-02-2019 at 05:07 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: