Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Bream Anglers Tavern

Bream Anglers Tavern Drop in here if you're just surfing with a beer in your hand. Good place to just hang out...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-04-2021, 09:22 PM
Mature Bream

Lithium Batteries

Hi All, Unsure where to ask this question but thought this the most appropriate place. We are toying with the idea of purchasing a lithium battery for a start and general house battery for our boat however I am a little spooked by this so do have a couple of questions. The cost is astronomical but we are looking to save transom weight and this seems to be a good way of saving quite a few kiloís.
Does a lithium battery require a different battery charger than the one I have had for many years which is a 10 amp ctek? Too that I ask whether it will run in conjunction via a voltage sensitive relay to an existing AGM battery at the front of the boat which runs the electric?
The big thing that spooks us is Lithium battery's give no warning at all of imminent failure. We know they last a lot longer but the idea of turning the key one day and finding nothing is a bit off putting.
So any one with any input on Lithium batteries is welcome to give us some advise as we have found differing opinions every where we go.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: