Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Bream Anglers Tavern

Bream Anglers Tavern Drop in here if you're just surfing with a beer in your hand. Good place to just hang out...

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average. Display Modes
Old 06-12-2011, 07:04 AM
Blue Lip

More from the perspective of the sender as well.
1) They have to start a thread to tell you to clean your inbox; and 2) they have to save their typed message in a txt file so they won't lose it.

But ah well, can't have everything

All the gear, no idea
Old 15-12-2011, 01:52 AM
Big Bream

I reckon there should be a "thumbs up" & "thumps down" option on posts & threads. I'm sure im not the only one when i say this but at times i just cant be bothered posting a comment to a thread or there are circumstances when i feel like posting a comment but i don't want to become a keyboard warrior, so i dont comment.
For example when somebody posts a good report, whether it be a post in a already existing thread or in a thread of its own we should be able to give it a "thumbs up" to show them that we liked it. I know we should also comment on the report but not every1 likes or feels like doing that.
In contrast when someone post something that you don't like or agree with you have the option of a "thumbs down".
Ohh and the "thumps up" option will also stop all those "+1" posts.....ehh i hate them.

Anyway just a thought.
Old 15-12-2011, 02:13 AM
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bream2nv View Post
I reckon there should be a "thumbs up" & "thumps down" option on posts & threads. I'm sure im not the only one when i say this but at times i just cant be bothered posting a comment to a thread or there are circumstances when i feel like posting a comment but i don't want to become a keyboard warrior, so i dont comment.
For example when somebody posts a good report, whether it be a post in a already existing thread or in a thread of its own we should be able to give it a "thumbs up" to show them that we liked it. I know we should also comment on the report but not every1 likes or feels like doing that.
In contrast when someone post something that you don't like or agree with you have the option of a "thumbs down".
Ohh and the "thumps up" option will also stop all those "+1" posts.....ehh i hate them.

Anyway just a thought.
+1 No i think this would be a good idea
Old 23-12-2011, 05:57 AM
Poddy Bream

Mods,
What about some sort of criteria that is to be adhered to with regards to starting posts in the for sale section?

#1 Your intentional action to be listed.
For sale.
Trade.
Wanted/buy

#2 Sale items to have a sale price listed.
Trades to have, For items accepted.
Wanted to have the desired item clearly stated.

#3 Condition to be listed, or even pics as a compulsory requirement?

#4 Weather items are pick up only or available to be posted.

Not sure if this topic has come up before, but I believe it would make the whole process of, buying , selling, and trading, much more user friendly for both parties, cutting out alot of guess work/confusion.

The above is just a few ideas, maybe if you guys/mods think it's a decent idea, you could swap some suggestions, and implement them, to make the classifieds section a little more clear cut.
Old 23-12-2011, 06:06 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:

Anyway just a thought.

was going to say the exact same thing
Old 23-12-2011, 06:20 AM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisC. View Post
was going to say the exact same thing
Yeah i sent Bear a PM but unfortunately breammaster doesnt have the right software capable of doing it.
Old 23-12-2011, 06:25 AM
Dead Set Legend

Thumbs down

Quote:
Yeah i sent Bear a PM but unfortunately breammaster doesnt have the right software capable of doing it.
lots of options?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2011-12-23_182451.jpg (13.7 KB, 283 views)
Old 23-12-2011, 06:46 AM
Big Bream

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
lots of options?
Not what i was referring to. If you are familiar with yahoo answers then thats the type of format i was talking about.
Old 19-08-2012, 12:28 AM
Big Bream

Not sure if suggestions are still being taken but what about a "land based" section eg- Land based breaming or Land based fishing.

Just for those of us that are to poor to able to afford a boat.
Old 19-08-2012, 12:40 AM
Fishing Tragic

Always happy to have suggestions.

We don't really split the site down into types or locations to fish from. Users can use the Tavern or Getting Started for most things.

Thoughts?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BreamOnFly/
----------------------------------------------
http://www.breammaster.com/images/bea001.jpg
Old 11-04-2013, 08:50 PM
Mature Bream

I think it would be handy if there is a feedback system for the classifieds, that way buyers can view any positive or negative feedback to do with buy and sell transactions. As it stands, I have no idea who is a good seller nor would anyone know if I'm a good buyer.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:45 AM
Fingerling

How about making the site mobile friendly? Some forums run some type of software to make it easier to use the website on your smartphone. I tend to spend a fair amount of my smoko/lunch cruising through BM.
Daiwa Spellbinder 2-4kg w/ Freams 2000
Old 13-12-2013, 06:16 AM
SLAZMO

Hi guys,
Within regards to the sales section(s), I would like to see posts closed or deleted when necessary when items are sold or retracted.

Been going through and there are a lot that seem half cooked or just didn't get anywhere at all (finalised by pm's). I think it's not that hard to post 'closed' or just to delete the whole post all together somewhere more visible than the last page eg: 5.

Just my 2cents.

Slaz
Old 29-05-2014, 07:27 PM
Mature Bream

Just a couple of things Ive noticed recently...

Is there a way to view more posts on a thread then clicking the next page? Like Can there be a button which just makes the posts go end on end instead of flicking over to the next page.. Sorta like how Facebook works, scroll down the news feed and then it loads more and then more and more... Until it runs out?

Another thing, Ive had a quick look at the Bream Master Store, and I know it would take time to change, But it looks dodgy as...? This isn't meant to be offensive to the person who designed it, but times have changed and new formatting is around to make it look neater and clearer..

Just my two cents worth
PB Bream - Bait - 50.3cm
Old 29-05-2014, 09:14 PM
SLAZMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooney1997 View Post
Just a couple of things Ive noticed recently...

Is there a way to view more posts on a thread then clicking the next page? Like Can there be a button which just makes the posts go end on end instead of flicking over to the next page.. Sorta like how Facebook works, scroll down the news feed and then it loads more and then more and more... Until it runs out?

Another thing, Ive had a quick look at the Bream Master Store, and I know it would take time to change, But it looks dodgy as...? This isn't meant to be offensive to the person who designed it, but times have changed and new formatting is around to make it look neater and clearer..

Just my two cents worth
+1 agreed very much so!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: