Go Back   Bream Master Forums > National SportFishing Scene > WA Bream Classics

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 28-01-2015, 09:20 AM
Blue Lip

What digital image ?
Old 28-01-2015, 08:42 PM
Administrator

Shano it is a requirement that we have to implement from the department of transport as well as general safety. It is so that we have a photo of what we are looking for if you do not get back to the weigh in area and we have to report you missing.

A few teams have not submitted the photo as yet so if you have not sent it to me please do so to save me chasing you up.

Thanks.
Old 28-01-2015, 09:00 PM
Big Bream

Cheers Ian.
I'll have the photo available asap.
Old 29-01-2015, 10:53 AM
Mature Bream

Serious inquiry here, i am an apprentice and living at my mother in laws place. i have been fortunate enough to be blessed with a shed that is currently housing a kayak and a jetski.
I cannot afford a boat atm and would not have the space but i do have a 3 person jetski.
Considering my jetski meets the requirements of a boat bieng 3.7metres and over 15hp (alot more) would there be any way we could venture into a new future of tournament fishing where jetskis (A gradually building fishing sport)
could be encorperated into the boat tournaments.
Some food for thought the only thing i see wrong is the fact it is not titled a "boat" but some of the boats i have seen in the bream clasiccs should be classified as barges or powered warfs.
Old 29-01-2015, 11:02 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakkaboi View Post
Serious inquiry here, i am an apprentice and living at my mother in laws place. i have been fortunate enough to be blessed with a shed that is currently housing a kayak and a jetski.
I cannot afford a boat atm and would not have the space but i do have a 3 person jetski.
Considering my jetski meets the requirements of a boat bieng 3.7metres and over 15hp (alot more) would there be any way we could venture into a new future of tournament fishing where jetskis (A gradually building fishing sport)
Some food for thought the only thing i see wrong is the fact it is not titled a "boat" but some of the boats i have seen in the bream clasiccs should be classified as barges or powered warfs.
Any room for a live well?
Old 29-01-2015, 11:13 AM
Blue Lip

Be hard to mount a leccy on a jet ski i reckon
Old 29-01-2015, 07:36 PM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakkaboi View Post
Just get a boat ya mong We would give some fellas a run for their money in the local rounds!

http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab253/searingtackle/webbanner_zpsnjjqxuuj.gif
Old 29-01-2015, 08:14 PM
Mature Bream

FYI Shorty the time taken to cross the estuary to get to the rivers is almost the same as trailering to the boat ramp. Most of the way is 5 and 8 knots so it takes a lot longer to get there than you think and in the last two comps the first boat has been at the ramp ready to launch just as we got there. And if the wind blows up it takes longer to get back so the current system is fair and should not change.
Old 29-01-2015, 08:41 PM
Blue Lip

Cheers Macca,, i have never crossed it before myself but i always thought it would not take long for some boats
Old 29-01-2015, 10:50 PM
Administrator

Yakkaboi, does the ski have or capable of holding a 60 litre live well?

If it does please send me an e mail with its details and your query and I will send it to the handlers of our insurance and get a verdict one way or the other.

Personally I can see no issue, there is no requirement for you to have an electric outboard.
Old 29-01-2015, 11:39 PM

Are there not places where Jet Ski's are banned - but boats are not?

This would raise some difficulties perhaps.

Craig
Old 30-01-2015, 12:06 AM
Administrator

Ah yes, good point Craig! Although I guess when entering as long as you were aware of the limitations of being on a jet ski?
Old 30-01-2015, 05:01 AM
Mature Bream

I have assesed the livewell option and i have currently got a 45 litre esky on the back and could easily find the room to accomidate for a 60 litre.
Eletrics have been mounted on jetskis shorty (have seen plenty used over in america during local bass tournaments).

I am looking at fabricating some mounts up as we speak actually so maybe i can bring a whole ew ball game to the comps.

Will have to apply for some insurance for the ski and get some info for you Ian,
will beable to staert now i know it could be an option.

Wasnt aware of any restricted zones for jetskis in the estuaries or rivers (apart from the fact of "no skiing" boundries which wouldnt apply if you were not actually skiiing.
Old 30-01-2015, 05:32 AM
Poddy Bream

Hey pretty sure PWC aren't allowed past ravenswood bridge haha!
Old 30-01-2015, 07:32 AM
Mature Bream

Is there even any bream past the ravo bridge?
aha no just kidding thanks for the facts, lucky i dot fish past the ravo.

Just had some wicked info from my old ma who is willing to let me modify his tinnie with a lecky and a casting deck and i will beable to use that
so a jetski hopefully will not be havimg to be the go.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: