View Single Post
Old 28-12-2015, 03:11 AM
Mature Bream

From a mate
farqtwo↓
Re: Australian big cats
Mon 28 Dec, 2015 1:08 pm
Mate its true ...seen them with my own eyes in the Victorian Desert and High on the Nullarbor Plains where the calcrete meets the continental dune fields

First encounter I was on Traverse 6 and some 70km south of the Barton Range , it had been a hard push on the 732 Liebherr and I wasn't looking forward to walking the 70km back out so I decided to cross country by picking up on an old BHP Traverse which was some 40km to the North West of my position ..... Without a GPS i started walking the Dozer cross country

I was some 20km in and the country opened up into clays pans and crab holes that could easily swallow the tracks of the Liebherr if you not careful ..... i was picking my way through trying to dodge the worst of the crab holes and a black mass caught my eye some 50m or so in front .

I stopped the machine and peeled my eyes forward and there it was ' a very large black cat leaping across the crab holes .... it was leaping in a way just like a cat would leap a bird or lizard ... like a pounce

The appearance was very brief ' i pushed up with the dozer looking for it but never saw it again .... i couldn't even find a single footprint

I eventually made it across the country with the dozer ' never saw another in that area but i did come across some tracks some 1000km further north