View Single Post
Old 28-12-2015, 10:56 PM
Blue Lip

I've seen massive dog prints that were bigger than my palm and were the exact shape of cat prints and didn't have any claws....I assume they were dog prints....big cats don't live in Australia This same large "dog" had then ripped the throat out of a wild cow about 300m downstream....safe to say, we exited the area with out backs to the water!
In the same area but about 3 years later I was on a boys motorbike trip with a group of mates that I had never mentioned any of this too when the driver of the car locked up the brakes and jumped out of the car because he had seen a "puma" run across the track, unfortunately I was half asleep so didn't react quick enough to see anything but he is certain it was a black cat that was the size of a large dog.
I doubt they are big cats in the exotic sense but I am certain there a massive ferals out in the deep bush, look up Darwins theory of evolution then consider cats can have 2-3 litters per year and have been wild in the Australian bush for over 200 years, the bigger kittens out compete their smaller siblings and breed with other bigger kittens and so on.
Don't get me started on the other "animals" out in our deep bush