Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Lures > Soft Plastics

Soft Plastics Nothing but jubes in here…
Ecogear, Sliders, Atomic, Gene Larew, Bream Master...

Old 30-06-2016, 04:47 AM
Fingerling

Scents

Hi guys,
Was just curious what you guys opinion on scents is. Do you use them? What scents do you use? Do you use them on just soft plastics, or hardbodies as well? For me, I like using S-factor and I apply it to pretty much all lures, but especially on black bream. Anyway, what do you guys think of scents?

Thanks, Sam
Old 30-06-2016, 04:59 AM
Blue Lip

I also use Sfactor, however I will only ever apply it if the fishing is slow or hard going. But I do use it on both hards and placcies
Old 30-06-2016, 05:50 AM
Fingerling

I'll always throw a lure with out scent first, if I'm not getting many hits, I'll add a bit of scent. Only use ProCure garlic and shrimp.
Old 30-06-2016, 06:06 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

I used to make my own by crushing various things bream ate and mixing them with salt and olive oil.

Live crabs - live sand worms - freshly shucked local mussel (not from the market) and crushed local mullet.

I'm not even sure if I was technically lure fishing when I did it but it helped make the transition to lures.

Then I went through a phase of thinking I didnt need scent.....

These days I need every little thing going in my favour - I dont even test the water with an unscented plastic. Everything gets a coating of pro-cure shrimp scent.

The way things have been going over the last couple of weeks - I'm thinking of going back to smearing everything in crushed local bait

I might just carry a mullet around in my pocket and use it like a texta
Old 30-06-2016, 06:27 AM
Poddy Bream

I'm a big fan of S-Factor, I always use it with plastics and apply it after every 10-15 casts. I'll also use it on hardbodies if the fishing is super slow. I also like the garlic Dizzy scent.

The only time I throw out an unscented soft plastic is when I run out of scent
Old 30-06-2016, 06:43 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kando View Post
I'm a big fan of S-Factor, I always use it with plastics and apply it after every 10-15 casts. I'll also use it on hardbodies if the fishing is super slow. I also like the garlic Dizzy scent.

The only time I throw out an unscented soft plastic is when I run out of scent
Only problem with Dizzy's garlic scent is you can't get rid of the smell after. Strongest stuff ever made.
Old 30-06-2016, 07:29 AM
Big Bream

S Factor is pretty much all I use . Tried a few others but now that you can buy S Factor separately I'll stick with it
Old 30-06-2016, 09:39 AM
Poddy Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremmer15 View Post
Only problem with Dizzy's garlic scent is you can't get rid of the smell after. Strongest stuff ever made.
Yeah it also turns into liquid when it heats up which is not good on a hot summer's day when the container it's in is cracked. Had it leak through a backpack about year ago and it still smells like a cheap Italian restaurant.
Old 30-06-2016, 09:59 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kando View Post
Yeah it also turns into liquid when it heats up which is not good on a hot summer's day when the container it's in is cracked. Had it leak through a backpack about year ago and it still smells like a cheap Italian restaurant.
Haha I can imagine mate!!
Although, you kept the bag??
Much more brave then I would be!!!
Old 30-06-2016, 09:31 PM
Blue Lip

I generally dont use scents, and when I have used them its because the fishing is slow and I want as much help as I can get, but can't say I have noticed a difference.
Old 04-07-2016, 07:02 AM
Mature Bream

Not trying to derail the thread and happy to start a new thread if it's preferred, as I have a question that I haven't been able to find an answer to.

I have used the Sfactor that comes in the 35ml tube add caught plenty of fish using it back about 6 months ago. I have noticed that in the last few weeks when I have been out fishing it has a smell to it that of an oily smell, possibly a used cooking oil smell. I don't recall this smell before but maybe my sense of smell is just bad usually. The last 3 days I caught bream, EP and mulloway in my local spot without the scent. When the scent was applied the fish wouldn't go near it. Which at this time of the year with the amount of rain we have had and the usual slower fishing conditions I would have thought it would of been nearly a certainty. It has been stored with the lid on and not in the sun. I have used about 1/10th of it in about 10 fishing sessions.

So the question is does SFactor that comes in the black tube go off?
Old 04-07-2016, 08:01 AM
Mature Bream

Enjoying Sax scent at the moment but to be honest I don't think any are superior to the others.
Old 04-07-2016, 07:25 PM
Mature Bream

I have used dizzy's scent, s factor, and Sax Scent. Sax is my favourite. it stays on well,is more cost effective, and has a great range of flavours. My favourtie is Crab follwed by Bloodworm and Prawn.I carry a tube of each in the boat plus an extra tube of Crab up the front for My wife, she won't fish without it! Regards Howard.
Old 04-07-2016, 09:39 PM
Fingerling

Another thumbs up for Sax, Crab on bream works for me, Bloodworm helps when I head down south on the KG Whiting and Wasabi is magic in the fresh on yellas, sooties and redfin.
Old 04-07-2016, 09:43 PM
Blue Lip

S Factor in the original tubes and the new UV enhanced tubes work great, I have one tub of SAX which I also mix it up a bit with.

I have completely gone off the Pro Cure range of scents and believe that the 4 tubes of the stuff that I bought are a complete waste of time and money...
Tried to get them to honour their guarantee but fell on deaf ears!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: