Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Boats > Hulls

Hulls Come in here to find info on that next boat you buy…

Old 26-03-2016, 04:26 AM
Mature Bream

G3 Boats Any Reviews.

Looking at G3 Boats and unfortunately they have no dealers in NSW. I would be interested in any feed back from owners or even those who have ridden in one or checked one out..

Considering the Angler V175FS or V172FS.

Thanks
Old 30-04-2016, 10:24 PM
Fingerling

G3 are a Yamaha owned company just like Skeeter Boats is. Both companies make quality boats. They are highly rated in the US.

I have a 2015 Eagle Talon 17 DLX. Great boats and great value for money. My boat came tournament ready out of the factory. This is a standard thing on all G3 Eagle Talon DLX's. Ride performance and features turned out to be just like the brochure said. Hooked up magazine has tested both the Angler and Eagle Talon DLX. I e-mailed them to ask about the ride and handling. The boat does exactly what they told me it would do.

Apart form a couple of minor faults, which were fixed up under warranty, I have not had any other issues (ignition panel and switch panel attachment screws broke off).

Make sure you use a transom saver as recommended by the factory(Ask for an Atwood brand and not the Springfield one which comes standard or get one on Ebay if they cant supply u with an Atwood). Make sure that Savage trailers drill a hole in the last cross-member so you can attach the Transom Saver. Also make sure that the sounder transducer is not to close to prop (get them to fit as far away from centre of Transom as possible). You also want to fit a Sounder which has Chirp Sonar as its a much more superior sonar. I'm fitting a Lowrance HDS7 sounder (I currently have two Side immaging Humminbirds which will stay but I need a unit which has Chirp Sonar and will add the Lowrance).

I had to go to the Gold Coast to test drive an Eagle Talon 17 another customer bought from G3 Boats Australia. It was the only once in the country. It performed exactly like I was told it would (by U tube vids, Bass Boat Central, G3 brochure and Hooked Up Mag.) For the price of cheap airfare its worth going to VIC to test drive. Cam of G3 Boats Australia will pick you up at airport and should have an angler ready to demo. Also join www.WalleyeCentral.com forum in the US. The people there are very helpful and good blokes. They have a lot of knowledge about your boat.

After sales service is fantastic. Cam delivered the boat to me in Sydney.

I was also looking at a Bass Tracker and Polarkraft but I am so glad I made the right choice and bought a G3.

Hope your search goes well.
Old 01-05-2016, 12:52 AM
Mature Bream

Excellent info
Thanks

Mick