Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Getting Started

Getting Started If you’re new to the Sport then this is the forum for you.

Old 06-05-2016, 11:41 AM
Poddy Bream

Wading Gear & Thermals

I'm going back to the snowies for a trout fish. I dont really do much bass or trout type stuff so i dont own wading boots, i borrowed pvc waders last year and i was cold with double wool socks, thermals, track pants. I've also got a dud ankle atm that is threatening my mileage for this once a year trip, obviously builtin gumboots are tough on healthy ankles so im alittle concerned!

So i just bought a pair of cheap neoprene waders with built in gummies as that would no doubt be warmer then pvc. I do have the kokatat kayak pants with socks though and was wondering if those and some boots or proper wading boots would suffice if i had the suitable thermal leggings? No doubt boots (not gummies) would be way better for my ankle, the goretex isnt super durable like pvc and neoprene but that should be fine.

Anyone advise whether waterproof pants and boots or wading boots is fine?

Any advice on the best thermals and socks?
Old 08-05-2016, 11:06 PM
Mature Bream

I've never waded in water as cold as it would be in the snowies but to me it does get cold wading our waters in winter.

I went the extreme end and had winter compressions on then a pair of snowboarding pants under my waders. I ended up sweating so you could try that

Re your ankle, you could try sports strapping it and then putting a compression wrap over the top. If it helps running through Tough Mudder I'm sure it will help wading and fishing.
Old 10-05-2016, 07:13 AM
Mature Bream

If your boots have enough room try the little chemical warmers. The ones for hands work better than the ones for feet, if they will fit.
Old 28-06-2016, 05:13 AM
Poddy Bream

I wear those breathable waders vision I think they are called. They have wetsuit socks so I put a couple more pairs of socks under that then just wear cheap hiking boots a few sizes bigger over the top of that. Under the waders I wear thermals then tracksuit pants.