Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Bream Anglers Tavern

Bream Anglers Tavern Drop in here if you're just surfing with a beer in your hand. Good place to just hang out...

Old 15-11-2018, 02:42 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

$4.50 Back Packs coming soon

Its seems like there is another giant retailer about to try to Wrestle the Big Snake for the outdoor adventurer market.

https://content.decathlon.com.au/youwontbelieve

Old 15-11-2018, 07:02 PM
Blue Lip

this is excellent news now my young fellas are getting to the age of serious sports, camping, fishing and hunting. i'd love to see if they have a decent fishing and hunting department, fingers crossed.

i honestly think that's where BeeCeeEff falls down, especially in comparison to cabelas/bass pro shops in the USA.

If i could walk into an aussie equivalent version of cabelas, i'd be broke for the rest of my life!

Fishing and outdoor world in Darwin has been the closest i've experienced
Old 15-11-2018, 08:23 PM
LEGEND Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagz View Post
this is excellent news now my young fellas are getting to the age of serious sports, camping, fishing and hunting. i'd love to see if they have a decent fishing and hunting department, fingers crossed.

i honestly think that's where BeeCeeEff falls down, especially in comparison to cabelas/bass pro shops in the USA.

If i could walk into an aussie equivalent version of cabelas, i'd be broke for the rest of my life!

Fishing and outdoor world in Darwin has been the closest i've experienced
Yeah I did a bit more digging - all I originally saw was they sell back packs and fishing gear so I assumed Decathlon was more outdoor adventurer friendly - but as the name suggests it seems to be a little more sports focussed. But theres still plenty of cross over products.

They still sell tents and other stuff so it would still be worth a look
Old 15-11-2018, 09:26 PM
Administrator

Many moons ago when I was living and working in France, Decathlon stores were there and they were massive, think Myer or Ahearns with sport equipment of every kind, and I mean everything. They were pretty incredible, be interesting to see if they have the same size stores over here.
Old 15-11-2018, 09:53 PM
LEGEND Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Sewell View Post
Many moons ago when I was living and working in France, Decathlon stores were there and they were massive, think Myer or Ahearns with sport equipment of every kind, and I mean everything. They were pretty incredible, be interesting to see if they have the same size stores over here.
Yeah it will be interesting to see how rattled the other big chains get with such a big player entering the market.

Although I did get my hopes up when "Masters" built a huge store just down the road from home - and that didnt go so well.

Their House brands were crap and I spent almost as much time returning faulty products as I did shopping And you had to go through an interrogation and sign in your own blood before they would accept a return (Never buying any blue Kobalt tools again)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: