Go Back   Bream Master Forums > FishPhart > Cameras and Accessories

Cameras and Accessories What Camera to Buy be it Big or Small and What to Get With it.

Old 23-10-2013, 07:30 PM
Blue Lip

GoPro HD Hero 3, which one?

Hey guys, as the title suggests, which one? I was leaning towards the black adventure pack edition mainly because of the more accessories etc. but which one would you suggest for fishing and the like?
thanks.
Old 23-10-2013, 07:38 PM
Big Bream

Black mate don't even think twice you can't go wrong! Better picture quality and better unit overall to the rest.
Old 23-10-2013, 09:24 PM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bash View Post
Black mate don't even think twice you can't go wrong! Better picture quality and better unit overall to the rest.
thanks Bash, do you recommend the LCD touch screen? I was thinking it would be easier etc to use and show me what I am filming.
Old 23-10-2013, 09:45 PM
Big Bream

Ive had my gopro for over a year now and never found the use of the lcd screen if you have a smartphone! You can control the camera threw your phone via wifi and even when recording you can see it on your phone while recording. Wifi come built into the black! Hope that helps. There's the new series if gopro its the gopro + check them out.
Old 23-10-2013, 09:59 PM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Ive had my gopro for over a year now and never found the use of the lcd screen if you have a smartphone! You can control the camera threw your phone via wifi and even when recording you can see it on your phone while recording. Wifi come built into the black! Hope that helps. There's the new series if gopro its the gopro + check them out.
I will thanks, I think I might still get it so that I am not using up all my data.
Old 23-10-2013, 10:16 PM
Big Bream

It doesn't need an internet connection, you connect via wifi to the camera without loosing any data. No internet needed you can even turn off 3g or 4g and it still works.
Old 23-10-2013, 10:56 PM
Mature Bream

just remember the black editions love draining battery's so might be an idea to get a couple of extras.

Glenn.
Old 23-10-2013, 11:57 PM
Big Bream

Better option is the JVC Adixxion. Streams to your iphone or google phone or tablet, can be put on a pole and used underwater steraming a'la' iFish so you can see the underwater terrain and/or save to SD card. Also can be used on a helmet, bike etc etc. The newer v2 is available on the web from the US. LOcally only the v1 is available.
Old 24-10-2013, 12:25 AM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchoklat View Post
Better option is the JVC Adixxion. Streams to your iphone or google phone or tablet, can be put on a pole and used underwater steraming a'la' iFish so you can see the underwater terrain and/or save to SD card. Also can be used on a helmet, bike etc etc. The newer v2 is available on the web from the US. LOcally only the v1 is available.
Yeah the gopro has all that and a lot more.
Old 24-10-2013, 12:36 AM
Mature Bream

A good question for you before you go out and buy the black (awesome camera by the way), what sort of computer do you have? You need a reasonably good computer to even play footage captured in 1080p on the GoPro, let alone edit it. If your computer isnt up to spec, you might be dissapointed in not being able to use the higher resolutions that the Black provides and a silver will get the job done the lower res stuff.

There are ways to get around these problems with changing file formats etc, so it is still possible, just a bit of a stuff around. The amount of data a Black edition will record blew my mind, on 1080p wide with protune turned on I do a 4gb file in 15 minutes, I doubt any other action cam would even come close to the Black.
Old 24-10-2013, 12:45 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn S View Post
just remember the black editions love draining battery's so might be an idea to get a couple of extras.
Oh how true!

Its a work in progress
Old 24-10-2013, 01:52 AM
Big Bream

Quote:
Yeah the gopro has all that and a lot more.
Not quite;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUk23e6Ucqk
http://www.trustedreviews.com/jvc-ad...mcorder_review

Both have there positives. I like the JVC as I put it on a pole and it tells me what is under the boat with no housing required and it streams to my iPhone. The GoPro looks good to!

Last edited by tchoklat; 24-10-2013 at 02:00 AM.
Old 24-10-2013, 02:11 AM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchoklat View Post
Not quite;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUk23e6Ucqk
http://www.trustedreviews.com/jvc-ad...mcorder_review

Both have there positives. I like the JVC as I put it on a pole and it tells me what is under the boat with no housing required and it streams to my iPhone. The GoPro looks good to!
Wow that's pretty good! But don't forget the gopro camera case is waterproof to 60m wonder if that affects it anyway! Who cares there both good unit's hahaha.
Old 24-10-2013, 02:17 AM
Big Bream

Quote:
Wow that's pretty good! But don't forget the gopro camera case is waterproof to 60m wonder if that affects it anyway! Who cares there both good unit's hahaha.
Good call, though the GoPro case is an add on and the JVC's regular housing is good enough for fishing, sports action etc. If you want to dive - go the GoPro.
Old 24-10-2013, 02:26 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheyne_jones View Post
A good question for you before you go out and buy the black (awesome camera by the way), what sort of computer do you have? You need a reasonably good computer to even play footage captured in 1080p on the GoPro, let alone edit it. If your computer isnt up to spec, you might be dissapointed in not being able to use the higher resolutions that the Black provides and a silver will get the job done the lower res stuff.

There are ways to get around these problems with changing file formats etc, so it is still possible, just a bit of a stuff around. The amount of data a Black edition will record blew my mind, on 1080p wide with protune turned on I do a 4gb file in 15 minutes, I doubt any other action cam would even come close to the Black.
Don't worry the laptop is fairly new so it shouldn't be a problem. And I like the sound of the black more and more haha. As for the battery I will buy an extra 1-2 just in case. The JVC sounds like a good alternative however I would preferably get the gopro. Thanks guys, hopefully you will see some footage of me fishing the local waterways late this year/ early next year.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: