Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Bream Anglers Tavern

Bream Anglers Tavern Drop in here if you're just surfing with a beer in your hand. Good place to just hang out...

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 22-01-2006, 07:25 AM
Blue Lip

Whiting

Can anyone tell me of some good whiting spots in perth. Want and try to catch a few if i'm lucky even some king george. Also i'm shore based as well any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Tim

Proudly Supported By

Flow-Rite Australia(Marine Warehouse) http://www.marinewarehouse.com.au/pr...orts/flow-rite

Manky Jack http://mankyjack.com/

Searing Tackle-Pontoon 21-Damiki-Fish Arrow http://www.searingtackle.com.au/
Old 22-01-2006, 08:19 AM
Big Bream

u will have to ask some1 about this but i'm shore around east freo they catch thumper yellowfin whiting of a nighttime usuing freshly dug worms and i fish of the south mole once in the morning goin for KG's eneded up with bout 4 or 5. sometimes i just catch the odd whiting by accident. hmmmmmmm. trying to think out of a boat u can pick up heaps.. can't think sorry i couldn't be more help mate.
Old 22-01-2006, 09:45 AM
Poddy Bream

i've seen big fat yellowfins lurking in the shallows around claremont and especially in mossie bay. Like leebo said i think the trick for these puppies is fresh bloodworms. Also like leebo said east freo, pier 21 etc at night. In the ocean ive had incidental catches off cott groin, the moles, south beach etc, but hey im no expert! Fishing WA and WAFM both had special articles on the tasty little fellas written by blokes that know alot more than me.
Old 22-01-2006, 10:17 AM
Mature Bream

timmah there r heaps at the ammo jetty towards the end for massive yf whiing and no one everfishes for them! at the end there r a heap of sandies to if the yf r not biting for kg we got a few at dawesville cut sum how. for bait we use anything realy mainly prawns but im using the gulp sandworm atm as i got heaps from japan

HTH

crabby
Old 22-01-2006, 10:42 AM
Poddy Bream

g'day crabby have you had much success on the sandworms? I was thinking of useing them to target whiting as well. They look incredibly lifelike compared to the real worms don't they? Also they would take the effort out of collecting the proper ones from the river. Do blowies love them the same way they seem to love evrything else that moves? BTW do u mean the ammo jetty at coogee?
Old 23-01-2006, 08:02 AM
Big Bream

ive also heard the cut gets some decent sized yf whiting especially round by the jolly frog jetty.
Old 23-01-2006, 09:25 PM
Mature Bream

yeah cambo i mean the ammo jetty in coogee and yeah i do get a few on the sandworms bigger in size sandies and yf's but more and average sizes using fresh squid and prawns

leebo there r a heap of yf whiting at the dawesville cut you just have to go at the right times when they are schooling around the jetty u will get them most casts too round there bu the current can be quite strong at some times and it is hell when the jetty is crowded that is why i like early mornings down there and u also get the chance to get into some nice kg's too

HTH

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: