Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Boats > Electric Trolling Motors

Electric Trolling Motors The ultimate bream fishing accessory...

Old 26-02-2015, 05:27 AM
Mature Bream

Motorguide Cable Steer 54 lb

My 10 year old motorguide has partially died. The foot control switches and throttle roller all need replacing. The problem is my serial number sticker is long gone off the motor head and in order to order parts I need a serial number. does anyone have an old one or a serial number I can use to order parts or see how much they are. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 26-02-2015, 07:17 AM
Blue Lip

Mine is a 12 year old FW54 motorguide ... would info off that help?

Im not sure where the info is though
Old 27-02-2015, 03:54 AM
Mature Bream

I am sure the model is the same. The serial number is on a small sticker under neath the head of the unit near where the cable steer harness enters the head.
I could kick myself for not recording the serial number of the manual which i Still have.I would appreciate if you could have a look.
Old 27-02-2015, 08:53 AM
Big Bream

Are you sure the switch is cactus??
May be the rubber boot on top.
Old 27-02-2015, 09:00 AM
Blue Lip

my serial number is unreadable ... and my pressure switch also failed when the rubber undernearth the grey peddle broke... i cut up some plastic from an owner treble packet and folded it in half to make it springy then pushed it under the peddle and its been like that for 4 years..... i can take a look at yours if your in perth
Old 27-02-2015, 09:00 AM
Blue Lip

or mandurah
Old 27-02-2015, 09:28 AM
Big Bream

Used my Motorguide for months without the switch. Put it on constant power and use the speed dial as your on off. My big toe lost a bit of flesh but it kept me fishing
Old 28-02-2015, 07:31 PM
Mature Bream

I knew those owner hooks were good but i didnt realise those packets were also blooody good. Thanks for your comments guys , looks like I will have to improvise. My poor first bream tinnie has taken a flogging, was up in Karratha for three years on loan and copped a full immersion I think in a mishap. The powerhead still definitely works as I have connected it sraight to the battery.
The complete foot control will need a complete overhaul as nothing works. Fortunately this is my second boat, would only get a 2k for it so its not worth flogging as I will keep it as a car topper for my nomad years.I was told it would only last 5 years as it was fresh water series electric but it shows if you look after your gear it will last! Thanks once again and by the way I'm in Mandurah as you asked Bender. Cheers

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: