Go Back   Bream Master Forums > National SportFishing Scene > NSW Scene

Old 13-08-2012, 06:58 AM
Mature Bream

brisbane water advice needed

hey guys. im headding up on rather short notice for the weekend and ill have some time to fish around brisbane water for at least a day. although i have caught trillions of blacks on lure im yet to get a yellow fin so this is my goal. ill be landbased and was just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for a spot or to. anywhere with a marina and lots of jetties would be ideal or some where where i could walk along the banks and flick for a few hours. i also need a hints on what they have been hitting latley. any help would be great thanks.
Old 14-08-2012, 10:33 PM
Mature Bream

Try the ettalong foreshore starting from the ferry wharf and head towards the mouth of the system working your way past the Mantra.

Or if you don't mind a drive Hardys bay / pretty beach / Waggstaffe.

I'd stick to slowly fished plastics.

Dave
Old 09-03-2013, 12:39 AM
Fingerling

Brisbane waters spots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfcoastkid View Post
hey guys. im headding up on rather short notice for the weekend and ill have some time to fish around brisbane water for at least a day. although i have caught trillions of blacks on lure im yet to get a yellow fin so this is my goal. ill be landbased and was just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for a spot or to. anywhere with a marina and lots of jetties would be ideal or some where where i could walk along the banks and flick for a few hours. i also need a hints on what they have been hitting latley. any help would be great thanks.
Hi surfcoastkid,if your travelling from woy woy to Gosford by road you'll cross the road bridge over where the back bay drains out into the main channel of the system,if you can pick up a couple of tailor from the local shop you can set out a fillet on the north side of the bridge down on the rocks,this should be done on the run out tide,and you won't have long to wait,if your bored under the bridge are some good bream and blackfish but its shallow rocky terrain make for some loss of gear,maybe plastics might work better,the road/rail bridge of which I talk is about 200mtrs north of woy woy shops,but you also have the pool/the memorial/and further down through the public park,at the eastern end there's the boat ramp,hope this helps,nigger.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: