Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Bream Anglers Tavern

Bream Anglers Tavern Drop in here if you're just surfing with a beer in your hand. Good place to just hang out...

Old 24-10-2013, 04:56 AM
Mature Bream

As long as you store your rods on rod stand inside the garage or home with no tension on the blank from the line I can't ever being an issue
Old 24-10-2013, 05:58 PM
Blue Lip

As above, as long as they are stored correctly I cant see it being an issue.

I have one particular rod that I have been using for almost 8 years that feels the same as it did when I got it. This isn't a rod that gets occasional use either, almost every session it gets a flick and has shown no change is characteristics.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:46 PM
Mature Bream

Strangely enough I have had the opposite happen.

I've got a TDX 6101ufls that I have always felt was just a little "sloppy". It's always been a great little rod for throwing yabbies when chasing the whiting.
I picked it up this morning ready for a session and after having not used it for well over 18 months I felt it was very crisp.

I've kept it in the coolest room in the house - just happens to be the walk in wardrobe in the bedroom.

It's seen the opposite of heat.

Sean
Old 05-11-2013, 04:11 AM
Mature Bream

I've got a rod that I swear isn't as stiff as when I first started using it, my squidding rod which I fish the 'egi' style with, 3-4 big rips. I'm not complaining about it but it just doesn't seem as stiff as off the shelf. I've kept it in the car for months on end in a rod tube so the heat may have affected it.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:18 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky View Post
I've got a rod that I swear isn't as stiff as when I first started using it, my squidding rod which I fish the 'egi' style with, 3-4 big rips. I'm not complaining about it but it just doesn't seem as stiff as off the shelf. I've kept it in the car for months on end in a rod tube so the heat may have affected it.
I have a rod that's nowhere near as stiff as when i first started using it , but i am pushing 50