Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Setting Up Your Gear

Setting Up Your Gear Drop in here for tips on setting up your rod, reel, line, leader etc.

Old 04-04-2016, 07:38 PM
Mature Bream

seal rocks chasing longtail of the stones

hinking about doing a 5 day mid week trip heading north to see if we can get into some longtails, thinking of giving seal rocks a go but unsure about the headland it's self and the ledges.
My main things are livebait and accessibility to ledges.
Has anyone giving it a go before which can give me some tips?
Thanks
Old 04-04-2016, 11:32 PM
Mature Bream

Very interested in this, live in sydney but have heard of long tail action significantly further north at hat head and south west rocks... seal rocks much closer....
Old 04-04-2016, 11:49 PM
Mature Bream

I have recently moved to Nelson Bay and I've seen guys floating livies out from Tomaree Head there for Longies and Kings in the last week.
Liveies are available from the platforms themselves and apart from that, I don't much more info to share, but that might be some help.
There is a goat track to walk in there that isn't the most user friendly for long gaff's/rods etc, but I see a lot of guys doing it, so it must be worthwhile.
Old 05-04-2016, 02:35 AM
Mature Bream

I have lived in Port Stephens for 6 years and chase longtails a fair bit. I haven't been of the rocks at Seal Rocks but have been to Tomaree a fair bit, both off the rocks and in the boat. Longtails do pass through there in April and a fair few get caught. There are a few other headlands between Tomaree and Fishermans Bay that have longtails swimming past, as well as inside the heads They are also easier and safer to access. If you have a boat out the front of Fingal light house is my favourite spot. Otherwise a place called sunny corner near Boat Harbour is good or off One Mile Headland. I'm away til next week but can show you some spots in Port Stephens if you need.