Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Bream Anglers Tavern

Bream Anglers Tavern Drop in here if you're just surfing with a beer in your hand. Good place to just hang out...

Old 28-02-2018, 08:06 PM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLuvski View Post
I came across the site when I started fishing a few years ago. I've had a lot of help/advice and learned a lot from searching the older threads. The only negative is that its led me down the path of buying too many rods and reels Hopefully it keeps going as in my opinion offers a lot more than the facebook pages around do. It seems to be a bit more active recently which looks like good news.
+1 ... and well said . Regards, HBt.
Old 28-02-2018, 09:13 PM
Fingerling

Well I know one good reason why things may have gone quiet. When new people join and ask newbie questions, it seems to excite all the more experienced members to help and the discussions escalate into a very engaging thread. It is like a catalyst to get everyone talking.

But here it the thing that many of you may not know. Newbies can't simply join this forum. When I tried to join a month ago, a message came up saying that registration was disabled!!! It didn't say it was an error. I had to search around looking for an email address and then emailed it asking how to join. To their credit I got a response the same day and I had to send my details and preferred user name via email. The account was set up reasonably quickly but the process was time consuming and seemingly unnecessary. Most people interested in joining would not go through this process.
Old 28-02-2018, 09:28 PM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishingJunkie View Post
Well I know one good reason why things may have gone quiet. When new people join and ask newbie questions, it seems to excite all the more experienced members to help and the discussions escalate into a very engaging thread. It is like a catalyst to get everyone talking.

But here it the thing that many of you may not know. Newbies can't simply join this forum. When I tried to join a month ago, a message came up saying that registration was disabled!!! It didn't say it was an error. I had to search around looking for an email address and then emailed it asking how to join. To their credit I got a response the same day and I had to send my details and preferred user name via email. The account was set up reasonably quickly but the process was time consuming and seemingly unnecessary. Most people interested in joining would not go through this process.
Hopefully Admin have fixed or in the process of fixing this problem.
Old 28-02-2018, 09:42 PM
Big Bream

Breammaster is very quiet at the moment, but it's quality over quantity. There is still good stuff being posted here, and you don't have to sift through all the rubbish on social media. As already mentioned, new members are key to keeping it going, so hopefully the registration problem is fixed soon (easier said than done, I know).
Old 28-02-2018, 11:42 PM
Fingerling

Just tried to register again for my boy. The registration went further this time but was advised that an email would be sent with and activation link. Email hasn't arrived and it has been an hour! This will be a total put off for new members.

Also, the site login does not have a process of finding your user name or password if you have forgotten them. Members who have not been here for a while are likely to not bother if they have forgotten either. Does anyone know how to contact admin over these things?
Old 01-03-2018, 05:39 AM
Administrator

There is a contact us button at the bottom of every page.

Once you incorrectly log in it asks if you would like an e mail sent for your password.
Old 01-03-2018, 06:06 AM
Blue Lip

bream have died in the arse in sa.....slaughtered
cheers nereus
Surface 39cm and work in progress
H/B mully 83cm and not so bitter
S/P mully 85cm on 4lb FC
Old 01-03-2018, 07:23 AM
Fingerling

Thanks Ian. I guess you have to make the error first before the option comes up to reset which is a bit different to modern logins that show the option to retrieve the ID or password before entry.
Old 01-03-2018, 09:43 AM
Big Bream

Interesting post...first time I’ve been back to BM for a month - but for many years I checked in every day.
For me it’s probably a change in focus in my fishing - but to be completely honest the site seemed to get ‘hijacked’ by one or two members who seemed to be more interested in building ‘stats’ for the amount of posts they made - as aposed to genuine content.
Old 01-03-2018, 08:38 PM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbp View Post
Interesting post...first time I’ve been back to BM for a month - but for many years I checked in every day.
For me it’s probably a change in focus in my fishing - but to be completely honest the site seemed to get ‘hijacked’ by one or two members who seemed to be more interested in building ‘stats’ for the amount of posts they made - as aposed to genuine content.
They were probably chasing a sponsorship.
Old 01-03-2018, 10:52 PM
Big Bream

For a while there, if you wanted to buy second hand high end light JDM fishing gear, this would just about have been the best site outside of Japan to do so.
Old 01-03-2018, 11:01 PM
Blue Lip

For me, I think I just lost interest in breaming, or diversified in species.
As someone mentioned, there was a growth phase. It peaked when ABT was going good, they were actually catching fish on AFC on TV, and Breamin I and II came out on VHS

All the gear, no idea
Old 02-03-2018, 12:10 AM
Blue Lip

Judging by the amount of replies to Jase's question, its obvious breammaster is doing just fine.
Old 02-03-2018, 01:13 AM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Hornet View Post
Judging by the amount of replies to Jase's question, its obvious breammaster is doing just fine.
It's shows people still visit, but they ain't posting much.
Old 02-03-2018, 01:32 AM
Mature Bream

Certainly miss the quality and well priced lures for sale.

Warren63 have you got any lures for sale.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: