Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Bream Anglers Tavern

Bream Anglers Tavern Drop in here if you're just surfing with a beer in your hand. Good place to just hang out...



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #31  
Old 18-07-2018, 10:11 PM
Stik's Avatar
Stik Stik is offline
Mature Bream
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: South Yunderup
Posts: 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by manno View Post
I dont get much excited about internet things. Rarely click on links etc. But i was genuinely hooked! Actual suspense after part 5 ended! Partly cos i like building but mostly i think because he was such an easy likeable character. Awesome build, great dedication and on top of that, all the filming, commentary, editing.... what an effort! Loved that he shared in such great detail too. Step by steps and matching that up with vid times is really ott. I feel like i could build one!
The sanding has put me off building one.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 18-07-2018, 10:56 PM
yellow door 1's Avatar
yellow door 1 yellow door 1 is offline
LEGEND Unicorn
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: melbourne
Posts: 12,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by manno View Post
I dont get much excited about internet things. Rarely click on links etc. But i was genuinely hooked! Actual suspense after part 5 ended! Partly cos i like building but mostly i think because he was such an easy likeable character. Awesome build, great dedication and on top of that, all the filming, commentary, editing.... what an effort! Loved that he shared in such great detail too. Step by steps and matching that up with vid times is really ott. I feel like i could build one!
Yeah I watch a few U.S. youtube channels where the presenters adopt a "nice guy" persona that doesnt feel very genuine. So its refreshing to watch Timmy and see the real thing.

Re the build - yeah that was a huge effort - all that sanding would have broken a lesser man. The trouble shooting and time spent, give a well rounded view of the effort involved in taking on such a project. Watching his excitement on the maiden voyage was a good pay off too
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 18-07-2018, 10:59 PM
yellow door 1's Avatar
yellow door 1 yellow door 1 is offline
LEGEND Unicorn
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: melbourne
Posts: 12,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stik View Post
The sanding has put me off building one.
Yeah - I remember a woodworker jokingly saying, that the only good thing about having kids is you can force them to do your sanding for you.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 20-07-2018, 10:30 PM
yellow door 1's Avatar
yellow door 1 yellow door 1 is offline
LEGEND Unicorn
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: melbourne
Posts: 12,295
His mate has a great channel aswell - He focuses on big fish out on the kayak and skiff and a little bit of landbased.

Mackerel, Kings, Snapper and tuna - also does catch and cook, gear set up and how to vids

No fishing in this one - just him talking about skiff setup




His first vid with Timmy

Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 22-07-2018, 12:41 AM
manno's Avatar
manno manno is offline
Blue Lip
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Melb
Posts: 1,897
As a furniture maker i know what its like to despise sanding.....

This thing looks a bit like that white skiff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikYDIdltIQs
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 22-07-2018, 04:27 AM
yellow door 1's Avatar
yellow door 1 yellow door 1 is offline
LEGEND Unicorn
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: melbourne
Posts: 12,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by manno View Post
As a furniture maker i know what its like to despise sanding.....

This thing looks a bit like that white skiff.
Yeah there seems to be a bit of energy going into designing skiff sized craft - the innovations wont be stopping any time soon


Last edited by yellow door 1; 22-07-2018 at 04:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 22-07-2018, 06:54 AM
manno's Avatar
manno manno is offline
Blue Lip
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Melb
Posts: 1,897
Some cool gear there. Most of them were more or less surfboards though? Probably not with fishing as their primary function. I like the idea of a skiff + small outboard. Like the bote or the one from your link. Id love to know if they make them from alloy? Im sure glass/foam is better but i like the idea of something that you can beat up pretty badly without worrying too much.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 26-07-2018, 08:08 PM
yellow door 1's Avatar
yellow door 1 yellow door 1 is offline
LEGEND Unicorn
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: melbourne
Posts: 12,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by manno View Post
Some cool gear there. Most of them were more or less surfboards though? Probably not with fishing as their primary function. I like the idea of a skiff + small outboard. Like the bote or the one from your link. Id love to know if they make them from alloy? Im sure glass/foam is better but i like the idea of something that you can beat up pretty badly without worrying too much.
Yeah - at the time I stuck those videos up I was wondering how far battery powered craft had come - part of me suspected the run times might have got a bit longer

What ever they make those NZ mini metal jet boats out of sounds like the go for indestructible tinnys - the way those hulls survive being smashed over logs and rockbars makes you wonder if theres some sort of witchcraft involved
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Google