Go Back   Bream Master Forums > National SportFishing Scene > VIC Scene

Old 31-08-2016, 05:49 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by beans07 View Post
There's a lot more water to come down yet, still flooded 100km and further upstream.
Thats what I've heard too.

Its a work in progress
Old 01-09-2016, 07:14 PM
Poddy Bream

hi guys, on the water clarity yes there is still lots of discoloured water coming down however when it is a high tide the blue water is now pushing up to the poles area, and that was not happening a week ago suggesting that the flow is slowing down a bit. how ever my mate who owns a farm that borders the river up at casterton says that there is still a lot of water up there though.
I would suggest checking the tide times and factoring that into your fishing plan and get down to the estuary an hour before the high tide.
most of us get put off by the expected poor fishing when the Glenelg is flowing muddy like this but I remember years ago I had one of the best sessions ever down near the car park fishing camo worms on a 1\8 jig head to keep it on the bottom, I caught 30 bream from 33 casts catching no monsters but all were in the 30 to 35cm range.....the flow was that fast I could not use the electric and had to anchor up and when I went to leave and pulled up the anchor and backed around to point the boat towards nelson the motor stalled as I hit the bottom and I realised that I had been fishing in less than a foot deep water!
the bream were feasting on the podworms getting washed out by the fast flowing water and when they hit the deck they were that full they were spewing live worms from their mouths!
good luck to all fishing the comp cheers, chris
Old 01-09-2016, 07:17 PM
Big Bream

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris the fish View Post
hi guys, on the water clarity yes there is still lots of discoloured water coming down however when it is a high tide the blue water is now pushing up to the poles area, and that was not happening a week ago suggesting that the flow is slowing down a bit. how ever my mate who owns a farm that borders the river up at casterton says that there is still a lot of water up there though.
I would suggest checking the tide times and factoring that into your fishing plan and get down to the estuary an hour before the high tide.
most of us get put off by the expected poor fishing when the Glenelg is flowing muddy like this but I remember years ago I had one of the best sessions ever down near the car park fishing camo worms on a 1\8 jig head to keep it on the bottom, I caught 30 bream from 33 casts catching no monsters but all were in the 30 to 35cm range.....the flow was that fast I could not use the electric and had to anchor up and when I went to leave and pulled up the anchor and backed around to point the boat towards nelson the motor stalled as I hit the bottom and I realised that I had been fishing in less than a foot deep water!
the bream were feasting on the podworms getting washed out by the fast flowing water and when they hit the deck they were that full they were spewing live worms from their mouths!
good luck to all fishing the comp cheers, chris

Thanks for the heads up Chris.
See you next weekend!

Associated with :
TiCA
Strike Pro
Strike Pro Enticers
Juro Firebaits
Daiichi Hooks
Sax Scent
http://www.jurofishing.com
Old 01-09-2016, 08:59 PM
Mature Bream

Sounds better than when i was there a week ago. Thanks for the report.
Old 08-09-2016, 09:01 PM
Blue Lip

Huge floods going on right now, 2 inches overnight.

Nelson will be hit with flood water like we havn't seen for many years
Old 08-09-2016, 09:17 PM
Blue Lip

It isn't looking good

Nelson.jpg

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: