Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Bream Anglers Tavern

Bream Anglers Tavern Drop in here if you're just surfing with a beer in your hand. Good place to just hang out...

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-04-2014, 08:26 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

Royters Blog

There are some swear words

http://maddogroyter.com/1/post/2014/...derapp%3Ashare
Old 08-04-2014, 09:06 AM
Blue Lip

Interesting comments in there from Starlo and Nigel Webster as well,i can handle whats wrong with some magazines but T.V show hosts can sometimes get up my goat,maybe not so much the hosts but half the shows can be just advertiseing some product/s.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:08 AM
Mature Bream

Haha oh dear.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:58 AM
Dead Set Legend

“3B’s are my baby. I’ve spent years perfecting sound, action, vibration and colour to create the best hard body lure you can get. Tie a 3B on, you won’t be disappointed!” Adam Royter
http://berkley-fishing.com.au/2011/0...s-new-colours/

expletive from blog removed.... "We all know that no single product has it all " Adam Royter (hang on, what about those 3Bs you spruiked?)

the best hard body lure you can get LMAO "..If it's sh!t, it's sh!t.." Adam Royter

"...This whole thing revolves around the dollar (like it was going to be any other way)...." Adam Royter

Last edited by Mark M; 08-04-2014 at 10:18 PM.
Old 08-04-2014, 10:03 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
“3B’s are my baby. I’ve spent years perfecting sound, action, vibration and colour to create the best hard body lure you can get. Tie a 3B on, you won’t be disappointed!” Adam Royter
http://berkley-fishing.com.au/2011/0...s-new-colours/

expletive from blog removed.... "We all know that no single product has it all " Adam Royter (hang on, what about those 3Bs you spruked?)

the best hard body lure you can get LMAO "..If it's sh!t, it's sh!t.." Adam Royter

"...This whole thing revolves around the dollar (like it was going to be any other way)...." Adam Royter
I thought it, you said it! Thnx
Old 08-04-2014, 10:09 AM
Dead Set Legend

Yes, I know they are selective quotes and some slightly out of context, but they are perfectly legitimate in the context of his rail against the industry that provides the imprimatur for his blog.
Old 08-04-2014, 10:19 AM
Blue Lip

Needs to settle down on the language.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:36 PM
Blue Lip

The comments were the best bit.

Seriously though - anyone can rant about the industry they work in. We don't live in utopia.

I think most people know when they're being marketed to. Basically - All the time
Old 08-04-2014, 06:48 PM
Mature Bream

Good on him, might cost him a few bucks but bloody hell I wont argue with the premise of what he has to say. The worst part is it filters all the way down with the advent of social media, I cant open my FB or instagram now without some turkey sprooking how good "Brand X" is or how they wouldn't have landed this 20cm bream on 3lb with out the rod from "Brand Y", drives me up the wall. Tackle Tour is pretty good at giving a review, but even lately I think they have taken up the attitude that they wont review it unless it lives up to the hype. I for one want to read the rubbish reviews, and lets face it their is plenty of rubbish out there from time to time. For someone to make the best rod, someone has to have made the worst dont they?

I think you can forget your chances of the regular magazines changing their ways now, but I would love to see an Aussie site similar to tackle tour that maintianed their independence and reviewed products that Aussie fisho's use, I'd bet after a while you could make a good buck out of it too if you didnt sell out like most do.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:10 PM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheyne_jones View Post
Tackle Tour is pretty good at giving a review, but even lately I think they have taken up the attitude that they wont review it unless it lives up to the hype.
Actually a rod they reviewed recently they were fairly critical of...quite refreshing.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:39 PM
Blue Lip

I think he's forgot where he has come from.
He may have worked hard to get where he is but the tackle industry and everything he is bagging has got him to where he is today?
Correct me if I'm wrong though.

He's a bloody laugh
He may be viewed by some as a bloke after shock value
Old 08-04-2014, 07:48 PM
Mature Bream

That's the sad truth now!! you just can't trust what anyone in the industry tells you, everyone seems to have a agenda to push there own products to promote doesn't matter how crap it is, from mags to TV shows to people being sponsored by a company to blokes running tackle shops.
But that's the whole world, doesn't matter what you buy everyone pushes there own product that they have a vested interest in.
It seems you can only trust a mate who's used a product or a friend who works in the industry to tell you the truth.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:58 PM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt jorg View Post
This was my thought too. This sort of article is bound to get him more internet traffic through his site.
Old 08-04-2014, 08:31 PM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt jorg View Post
I think he's forgot where he has come from.
He may have worked hard to get where he is but the tackle industry and everything he is bagging has got him to where he is today?
Correct me if I'm wrong though.

He's a bloody laugh
Or he's about to launch a magazine of his own.

There's a word that comes to mind - starts with Hypo....
But I'm being unkind - maybe he is just waking up to what a lot of us already think of the fishing mags.

Although most of the Fishing mags I read are pretty tame with the product references compared to archery magazines. "I aimed with the (insert bow model, sight model and string maker) and the (insert arrow brand, fletch maker and broadhead manufacturer and model) and released using (insert release aid brand) the critter fell on the spot." And this is likely to be repeated several times in an article. Just in case you missed in the first time.
It feels like half of the word count is likely to be brand and product references.

ET would give them a run for there money though.

Crusty
Old 08-04-2014, 08:45 PM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
Yes, I know they are selective quotes and some slightly out of context, but they are perfectly legitimate in the context of his rail against the industry that provides the imprimatur for his blog.
You are spot on. Here's a honest review...The 3B lures aren't that good. I'd say they are shite TBH but hey what would I know! You could also argue 90% of the range rips off other lures! I'd look elsewhere if your after the "best" lures on the market.

Wonder if he would post this on his blog?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: