Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Bream Anglers Tavern

Bream Anglers Tavern Drop in here if you're just surfing with a beer in your hand. Good place to just hang out...

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 23-09-2010, 04:35 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigdog View Post
Forster has the biggest Bream ,
I just cant catch them .. hahaha

1.99kg is a beast .
hopkins river vicbream 09' big bream-2.00kg
Old 23-09-2010, 05:17 AM
Mature Bream

Cool over

over 4kgs in png .
Old 25-09-2010, 11:47 PM
Hyper Tackle

For anyone interested I contacted IGFA about records and Bream and the response as follows.

If neither of the species have not been submitted to the IGFA they are both eligible for an all tackle record but not eligible for line class fly tippet or junior record only all tackle record.

To be eligible for all tackle record the fish must be heavier than 0.453 kg 1lb and is 50% heavier than the respective species maximum body weight, for example if the maximum weight of the species is 10kg to get the record it must be 5kg heavier, you can find the maximum weight at www.fishbase.org if the maximum weight is not available the same rule applies to maximum length.

I think impossible going off fishbase records but a bit confusing and not 100% clear, for example Max weight recorded on fishbase for Yellowfin Bream is 4.5kg so I think to get the record the fish would need to be 50% heavier than that?

Mark

Last edited by Hyper Tackle; 26-09-2010 at 12:04 AM.
Old 26-09-2010, 12:57 AM
Mature Bream

i think they have stuffed up their wording on that reply, i would have thought they would have meant that the fish would have to be atleast 50% of the maximum known weight to obtain the record. eg, for yellowfin bream max weight 4.445 kg, to obtain a record min weight 2.223 kg. same deal for the length im guessing.

maybe you can ask them to clarify the resopnse they gave you as it would be totally impossible to find a 6.668 kg yellowfin that measures 90 cm.
Old 26-09-2010, 04:16 AM
Hyper Tackle

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuzzy View Post
i think they have stuffed up their wording on that reply, i would have thought they would have meant that the fish would have to be atleast 50% of the maximum known weight to obtain the record. eg, for yellowfin bream max weight 4.445 kg, to obtain a record min weight 2.223 kg. same deal for the length im guessing.

maybe you can ask them to clarify the resopnse they gave you as it would be totally impossible to find a 6.668 kg yellowfin that measures 90 cm.
It doesn't make sense does it? I'll verify it because may be open to someone and you could have International Bragging Rights

Mark
Old 26-09-2010, 06:36 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuzzy View Post
there are some records on the IGFA website for bream, but not yellowfin (Acanthopagrus australis) or black bream (Acanthopagrus butcheri). the black bream they have listed on their site is actually a sooty grunter.

IGFA all tackle records are HERE if you want to check out other species.
Sooty Grunter have been called Black Bream in WA and the Territory for as long as I can remember. I read a book by an old rover talking about Black Bream in the Territory just after 1904. So it is correct in one respect.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: