Go Back   Bream Master Forums > National SportFishing Scene > VIC Scene

Old 09-05-2009, 07:40 PM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graysy View Post
It was a Banana Prawn and a Ecogear blade. We got a 3.80kg bag of the one snag. We even called our mates in to fish the same snag so that they could get there 5 fish.

Thats awesome. one snag for a bag like that would make for exiting fishing.

We left 3rd on the second day and were in two minds on whether to hit the school or look for bigger fish. The problem was we didnt find bigger fish as they were in the school.

There would have easily been over a 1000+fish wrangled off that school, with some absolute honkers too. Gillians 1.74kg unit was a one big unit and a well deserved fish for her.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:10 PM
Banned

i myself liked the the 10 sec intervals
safety wise =much beter and launching all over the place is redic....

those who make the effort to travel dont always have the advantage.....
this year it was won within a few hundred meters of the ramp whilst last year it was won way upstream...thats tourney fishing...decisions decisions

so leave them as they are i say...
Old 10-05-2009, 02:12 AM
Poddy Bream

Thumbs up

Hey fella,s, if the Bream bit as well for me as you blokes I'd be Aussie Angler of the Year.
Off to Merimbula for 2 weeks, whiting on surface lures....yum.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:16 AM
Fingerling

i'm with spiro on this one, definately alot safer with the 10 second starts, specially at places like metung or coota where there's alot of quick boats all trying to be first around shaving point at first light. I did like the johnsonville start option Bill organised for last year due to the strong winds but wouldn't like to see that at every event as some of these guys have spent alot on quick boats to gain an advantage, whether thats to get to a spot first or have the ability to cover more water in a day it would be a shame to see the field go back to smaller craft if that advantage was cancelled out by multiple start points. It would take away from the spectacle, in my opinion anyway, particularly with all the work Bill has put into raising the profile of the classics with the likes of vic bream tv and the boat show etc.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:04 PM
Mature Bream

So in all i gather that everyone thought that the 10 sec start was a good idear.
Well il be the first to thank BILL for taking the time and to put in the effort to make OUR comp one of the best and safest . WELL DONE BILL . As with the start at metung and the option to start in the tambo if the wind is up i think is a good safety measure as well . Thumbs up to Bill for well orginized comps.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: