Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Bream Anglers Tavern

Bream Anglers Tavern Drop in here if you're just surfing with a beer in your hand. Good place to just hang out...

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 23-04-2014, 11:37 PM
Mature Bream

Intoxicated Tackle Shopping

Just laughing at someone in a for sale thread talking about buying expensive tackle after too many beverages. I reckon a lot of us have been there

I wandered down to my local DohDohDoh after a few late last year, had a good yarn to the State manager and stumbled away with a HDS7 Gen2 touch with all the ducers and gold maps for $1600 total

On the flip side I have a couple of dozen useless hardbodies bought from clearance sales after a few cans of rum

What have you bought?
Old 23-04-2014, 11:55 PM
Big Bream

Yeah i bought a Combo off a guy that was camping next to me a few years back. Few cans around the fire and i had convinced myself i needed a new Surf combo for $200
Woke up the next day with a vague memory of the transaction then realised it was a saltiga on the cheap $20 rod Pert near brand spanking new
Old 24-04-2014, 12:40 AM
Blue Lip

Not beverage related,, but my tackle addiction always hit's on a monday morning after fishing all weekend, not really sure why it occurs on mondays but my bank ballance is always suffering on tuesday. This week it hit on tuesday because of the public holiday, $600us spent in ten minutes from 3 different tackle sites
I need help

Last edited by Piranha; 24-04-2014 at 12:43 AM.
Old 24-04-2014, 01:02 AM
Mature Bream

You guys need three kids. Then you are struggling to afford just the alcohol
I found I used to spend up when the power went out. No tv, too hard to read a book by candle light, I start to trawl a few different sites on my phone. Nek minnut the credit card is out of the wallet!!!
I've also bought a few things with beer goggles on too. If there's been something that I've been half decided on, a bit of booze in the system definitely helps to justify buying it.
Old 24-04-2014, 07:00 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy View Post
I found I used to spend up when the power went out. No tv, too hard to read a book by candle light, I start to trawl a few different sites on my phone. Nek minnut the credit card is out of the wallet!!!
I've also bought a few things with beer goggles on too. If there's been something that I've been half decided on, a bit of booze in the system definitely helps to justify buying it.
Yes been there done that. Beer and internet tackle sites don't mix should come with a warning
Old 24-04-2014, 09:11 AM
Mature Bream

Did it again. Come home after a few frothies and bought something off gumtree. Looks like a winner though
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/safet...rap/1044856019
Old 24-04-2014, 10:17 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Did it again. Come home after a few frothies and bought something off gumtree. Looks like a winner though
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/safet...rap/1044856019
Nice find ...very versatile
Old 24-04-2014, 11:08 AM
Blue Lip

Man my intoxicated purchases aren't just limited to fishing gear though, its been random car parts, scuba gear, cameras, you name it I've most likely bought it…

www.searingtackle.com.au
Old 05-05-2014, 06:58 PM
Mature Bream

Quote:
man I hear ya on the three kids department...
It took me 3 weeks to convince myself I can spend 170 bucks on a second hand luvias Da custom. I need a 2506 now so its gonna take me months to justify that one.
Old 17-05-2014, 11:15 PM
Big Bream

Haha this made me laugh, the amount of stuff I've brought off here and tackle stores online after a few JD's it always seems like a great idea at the time