Go Back   Bream Master Forums > All Things Camping > Campers, Tents and More

Campers, Tents and More Brands, styles what do you want to make your home away from home?

Old 14-05-2014, 02:09 AM
Blue Lip

Best quality Tent cot?

I'm just after some feedback on tent cots, after years of using swags that tend to leak in decent rain i'm looking for something a bit more comfortable, the camp rites are ok but not waterproof so am looking for other options?

any suggestions welcome
Old 14-05-2014, 05:44 AM
Mature Bream

I have a mate with the oztent jet tent bunker. I havent been inside it but it looks roomy and looks robust. He took it on our cape trip last year and I didnt hear any complaints. It does weight a bit though from memory. I personally use a 1 man tent now after 15 years of swagging it . Weighs 2kgs, survive a cyclone and plenty of room. Throw in a thermarest matress and im set. And you can set up just the fly when in the tropics.
Old 14-05-2014, 07:17 PM
Blue Lip

Thanks Scubascott the Jet was/is on the top of my list and the main one I was after feedback on so thankyou for that I also have a lightweight single flyscreen tent for those 'roughing it' nights in summer and their great but just after something that can be all in one for longer 1-2 week camp trips and stay dry through foul weather that seems to follow me on those trips

thanks mate
Old 15-05-2014, 04:56 AM
Big Bream

I have a black wolf turbo 240, great tent at about $800-$1000. It keeps the water out, and if you want to get some decent pegs (even though a $1,000 tent should have great pegs) it will hold up against strong wind, too.

Cheers
Chris.
Old 15-05-2014, 07:24 PM
Blue Lip

Cheers Frithy, i'm after a tent cot not a tent, but they do look like a nice tent!

Last edited by Piranha; 15-05-2014 at 07:26 PM.
Old 17-05-2014, 12:07 AM
Blue Lip

Decided to buy a Jet bunker XL, they seem to be the best quality available in Aus and have good reviews cheers for your input guys
Old 17-05-2014, 01:19 AM
Big Bream

I've got a wanderer tent cot.
Just a hint for when you sleep in your new one, do not sleep in on a summers morning with it all zipped up. It's like waking up in an oven!
Old 23-08-2014, 08:04 PM
Blue Lip

Just a bit of feedback, I bought the Jet bunker XL used it a few times and liked it so decided to buy the Wife one, her's turned up and we noticed that the head end is much lower than the foot end making sleep difficult unless your a bat, sent it back and got another with the same problem, not overly impressed with their quality control if they have any, OZ tents customer service has been good but i'm not very happy with the quality of the product so far!

cheers
Old 23-08-2014, 10:27 PM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piranha View Post
Just a bit of feedback, I bought the Jet bunker XL used it a few times and liked it so decided to buy the Wife one, her's turned up and we noticed that the head end is much lower than the foot end making sleep difficult unless your a bat, sent it back and got another with the same problem, not overly impressed with their quality control if they have any, OZ tents customer service has been good but i'm not very happy with the quality of the product so far!

cheers
That's not right I bought one last month and the head end was fine, did you extend the poles on the head end?
I assume you did but it may be easy to overlook this as mine is not the XL it's the standard and you need to extend the head uprights.
Old 24-08-2014, 04:24 AM
Blue Lip

Had to send mine back as the head end and the feet end was much lower than the middle......also the fly didn't fit ( was about 4 inches short )
Old 25-08-2014, 02:30 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjspinner View Post
That's not right I bought one last month and the head end was fine, did you extend the poles on the head end?
I assume you did but it may be easy to overlook this as mine is not the XL it's the standard and you need to extend the head uprights.
Yeah mate all set up right on different surfaces, my first one was good (level) but the stitching gave way attaching the extendable pole to the tent, aparently theres a recall of sorts on the sale of XL for that reason. I'm getting a refund!

Buyer Beware Product!
Old 25-08-2014, 02:32 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr perch View Post
Had to send mine back as the head end and the feet end was much lower than the middle......also the fly didn't fit ( was about 4 inches short )
Get a fefund mate, it does your head in going to the couriers every second week.
Old 02-09-2014, 02:37 AM
Blue Lip

Just recieved a Kamp Rite oversized tent cot, feels nice, stable and most importantly flat, we'll see how she goes after a few trips.

Aus tent rep confirmed via e-mail that the XL Jet tent bunker has been recalled from sale while their looking into fixing the manufacturing issues.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:32 AM
Blue Lip

Recieved my replacement jet tent today , after the truck it was on rolled and stuffed most of what it was carrying ....The box looked like it had been through a blender...but i set the cot up anyway , all looked ok until i noticed ( yep you guessed it ) the stitching holding the extendable pole
Mine is the single bed and has the exact same problems as the XL....I DO NOT believe any damage was done to this product in the truck crash.
They arn't worth $40 let alone $400 .
Avoid this product like the plague.
Old 02-09-2014, 06:16 AM
Big Bream

http://www.kulkyne.com/au/Swags/

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: