Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Boats > Hulls

Hulls Come in here to find info on that next boat you buy…

Old 28-01-2014, 12:57 AM
Blue Lip

I like the poly craft rigs. I was very, very close to buying one but our local dealer isn't very customer orientated so I decided to buy a bluefin instead.

Ive fished out of one and they're a bit slow but otherwise its a comfortable ride and ticks all the right boxes for a estuary sport fishing boat.

www.crankalures.com
Old 28-01-2014, 04:27 PM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow door 1 View Post
I aint got no fancy book learnun when it comes to plastic - How do they go in the sunlight - My clothes pegs dont love it.

And how relevant are those tests when you smack a boat with a hammer - they are bloody convincing to a bloke like me who hasnt done physics - but if I think hard about it - I'd reckon if a boat was traveling at speed - had 2 blokes and a full live well behind it - it would push back against a guy with a hammer.

Those hammer tests seem more relevant for low impact putting around type inci-dents. And if you are having low impact putting around type incidents its not your hull that needs saving - its the rest of us

I know I'm taking a light hearted approach to this subject and I could be way out of line - But I've driven a few boats over the years and I've never accidentally run into a bloke swinging a hammer.

If there are any physicists on the boards - what kind of impact does smacking a boat hull represent?
Try hitting a glass boat with a 3lb hammer and report back how that low impact works out
clothes pegs are made from a low grade plastic which is not uv stabalised like poly boats, having said that my poly boat has faded a little after 6 years use but I was hoping it would
Anyone who disputes that poly boats are tough have not owned one.
Old 28-01-2014, 07:10 PM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piranha View Post
clothes pegs are made from a low grade plastic which is not uv stabalised like poly boats...
Exactly.

Look at kayaks or your humble wheelie bin which has the hardest life out of anything plastic. The bloody things last forever under the sun!
Old 28-01-2014, 10:39 PM
Mature Bream

Just bought a second hand 4.1 challenger
love it, goes well with a 50hp.
Only down side I could see would be the weight.
Old 29-01-2014, 05:24 AM
Mature Bream

check out Busta test 2 & 3, sledge hammer, compound bow, forklifts and then smash into it with a truck!