Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Lures > Soft Plastics

Soft Plastics Nothing but jubes in here…
Ecogear, Sliders, Atomic, Gene Larew, Bream Master...

Old 01-03-2016, 01:45 AM
Poddy Bream

Sinking Prawn Plastics

A mate of mine recently gave me a couple of these little soft plastic prawns that are pretty lifelike in colour and design. I've been fishing them weedless and unweighted, and they sink really slowly and fairly evenly. Been doing well chasing bream on them around snags, especially fallen trees.

They were given to my mate as a bit of a promotional item and I'm not sure if I'll be able to get my hands on any more, so I was wondering if anyone else knew of any other plastics that might fit the bill? Specifically looking for a prawn style plastic that isn't bouyant and 40-60mm long. I was thinking the Squidgy Wild Prawn or 2" Atomic Prong might be the go. Anyone have any input?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160215_221208.jpg (636.0 KB, 9 views)
Old 01-03-2016, 02:11 AM
Poddy Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kando View Post
A mate of mine recently gave me a couple of these little soft plastic prawns that are pretty lifelike in colour and design. I've been fishing them weedless and unweighted, and they sink really slowly and fairly evenly. Been doing well chasing bream on them around snags, especially fallen trees.

They were given to my mate as a bit of a promotional item and I'm not sure if I'll be able to get my hands on any more, so I was wondering if anyone else knew of any other plastics that might fit the bill? Specifically looking for a prawn style plastic that isn't bouyant and 40-60mm long. I was thinking the Squidgy Wild Prawn or 2" Atomic Prong might be the go. Anyone have any input?
Squidgy wild prawn is awesome. The eco gear bream prawn are pretty good but aren't soft plastic they are the bio degradable material. I prefer the wild prawn rigged unweighted.
Old 02-03-2016, 07:49 AM
Mature Bream

scumline raw prawn is most realistic shrimp imitation ive ever seen by far - not sure if they make them anymore (luckily i bought 10 packs a few years ago!) - similar ones can be found on pop auction site - something like this:
shrmp.jpg
Old 02-03-2016, 08:26 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb2020 View Post
scumline raw prawn is most realistic shrimp imitation ive ever seen by far - not sure if they make them anymore
You can find them on e.B.a.y for like $1 for 10 they're a pretty neat design and I just have never gotten around to buying... - bugger it I'll buy a pack now...

Berkley made a Jungle Hook and I bought out a local Anaconda when they had the packs for $0.50 each, I use them for the Squishy Wild Prawns and its fair fun casting them around weedless style. But casting weight is an issue and larger fish that like prawns is another bigger issue.

Have a look in some older threads i did put up some pictures a while back if they're still there.
Old 03-03-2016, 02:46 AM
Poddy Bream

Thanks for the replies guys, seen those cheapo prawns on eBay, might pick up a pack or two. I'll give the Wild Prawns a go as well, been avoiding Squidgies lately because of how many bent ones you get in a pack. Hopefully the old boiling trick works on the Wild Prawns.
Old 24-06-2016, 01:56 PM
Poddy Bream

ok old post , so did anyone try the cheapo prawns of ebay and if so howed they go

cheers TAC
Old 24-06-2016, 04:47 PM
Blue Lip

They went well. Many have ben shredded. However forgot to mention this on this post.
Old 24-06-2016, 08:29 PM
Poddy Bream

I've tried the eBay ones and they went alright, had better results on the Squidgy Wild Prawn and 3" Atomic Prongs though. If anyone's interested, the ones in my original post are from Moro Deconto.
Old 27-06-2016, 12:19 AM
Big Bream

I've fished the larger squiggly prawn with the paddle tail unweighted on a worm hook and they cast pretty good and sink slowly as well.
Old 27-06-2016, 10:34 AM
Poddy Bream

all good thanks

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: