Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Getting Started

Getting Started If you’re new to the Sport then this is the forum for you.

Old 21-02-2011, 08:52 AM
Big Bream

Broken arms, broken legs, heads? We don't apply the same dedication at work eh?
Well Im looking forward to next entry...

PB to the fork SP: 39cm Zman 2.5" Grub
PB to the fork HB: 43cm DUO Bivi Vibe

"enjoy what you do"
Old 21-02-2011, 08:55 AM
Blue Lip

some of the storys are very "interesting".

cheers, BTF
Old 21-02-2011, 07:14 PM
Big Bream

this was probably one of my most memorable captures

02012011074.jpg

not huge (31cm) but it was my first fish on fly and i tied the fly myself it was a great fight and was even funner and funnier the cast after this i got a 55cm flathead which trashed my fly so now its retired.
Old 21-02-2011, 07:53 PM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffman View Post
susie could do these comps for ever
Haha witness her donating lures to the docks gods over here.

Great generosity Suzie may the Bream Gods reward you.
Old 22-02-2011, 12:24 AM
Mature Bream

i was using 2" gulp shrimp and it was my birthday and i had lost 9 bream not hooking them properly so then i decided to go to a spot where iv heard of big bream being caught there but it was snag country but i went anyways. I rocked up i think it was 3rd cast bang on the drop i struck and he was on and oh boy did he go hard on 4lb at first i thought i was a trevally because of its 3 long hard runs buut then i was thinking to myself "funny if this is a horse bream" then my first glimpse of the fish i was jumping up and down but also trying not to loose my cool i eventually got the fish in with my 2"shrimp all mangled around the jighead i couldn't believe my eyes as i jumped to get the tape measure and it measured 47cm unfortunetly the fish didnt go back as it was out of the water for 2 long bcuz of all the photos i was taking i regret bringing it home but here he is.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg toms bream.jpg (272.3 KB, 431 views)
Old 22-02-2011, 03:43 AM
Mature Bream

This was my first bream on the flats, taken at sunset. The scenery on the river was incredible, a purple sky which reflected off the water. It was a great feeling having the rod bend and the bream tear line off the reel all in one motion as it hit the lure. Needless to say I've been down to the flats at sunset a lot trying to experience that feeling of the bream smashing the lure again. Something i will never ever get tired of.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 08012011077.jpg (115.2 KB, 393 views)
Old 23-02-2011, 04:22 AM
Mature Bream

breamski

hey Suzzie.

a pic of a smallish bream, but my PB on a hb. and a very hard spot to pull fish out of because of all the structure
taken on a jackall mitts casting arround heavy structure using a 2lb braid and 4lb leader.

Proudly Sponsored by Compleat Angler nedlands and Shimano - best quality rods and reels available.

Last edited by aussie_breamer; 20-10-2012 at 09:42 PM.
Old 23-02-2011, 04:56 AM
Mature Bream

ok this 1 was by hand :P what happened is me and dad were out on the 8mile out of mooloolaba targeting sailfish and the was not too many around sadly but we noticed 2 dolphins hanging around a mother and baby, the baby wasnt moving much which had us a little confused, we soon realised it was wrapped in heavy braided line, i dont know what weight but my guess would be 120lb, not knowing what to do weather the mother would attack me if i got in the water and approached its injured baby, we got close to it with the boat and i grabbed its tail, it hardly thrashed at all, out of all its energy. Dad quickly unwrapped all the line and as soon as it was all off, the baby started thrashing wildly, so i dropped it back over board and it shot off like nothing was wrong, its a day i wont forget too soon and am proud to say i saved that little dolphin heres a pic of the mum, didnt get 1 of the baby. ive got film where u can kinda see the line on the baby but dont know how to upload it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg (1) Dolphin.jpg (87.0 KB, 331 views)
Old 23-02-2011, 05:03 AM
Big Bream

My most memorable catch would have to be on my recent barra trip up north catching a 1.09m barra on a 6-12 lb samurai reaction rod and a 2500 certate with 16lb braid it bricked me 2 times but i was determined to land the fish.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg barra 4.JPG (87.1 KB, 325 views)
File Type: jpg barra 3.JPG (104.3 KB, 324 views)
Old 23-02-2011, 05:21 AM
Poddy Bream

Smile roy-j entry

i am 15 now
i was about 4 or 5 years old when my dad decieded to take me on my first time fishing. we walked across the road to the beach where my dad showed me my first rod, it must have been the worst rod ever made with only 3 or 4 eyes, my dad asked if i wanted him to put the bait on and cast it out but i was to stuborn and persistant for that, after about 15 minutes i finaly got the bait on and was ready to cast, i flung it out as hard as i could and in the confusion of what i was doing the line tangled leaving me with only about 3 meteres of line in the water, i looked over to my dad with a smile of acomplishment, about five minutes past while my bait washed around in about 20cm of white water when i felt something start to tug i yelled with exciment "I GOT A BIG ONE" and started to run up the beach while my dad had a look on his face like "o here we go" but to his and my disbelief it was a horse of a whitting,
this was my first ever fish and it will be the catch that i will always remember for the rest of my life
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SP_A0296.jpg (14.9 KB, 315 views)
Old 23-02-2011, 06:53 AM
Blue Lip

I have plenty of memorable catches of my own. but i think my best fishing memory so far is watching my girlfriend fight a fish in fear she literally thought she was going to get pulled in. I have been trying for a while now to get her onto a good size trevally just to show her what i love about fishing so much. She picked this up on the weekend on a 100mm wriggler. I had a ball watching her. They go so hard on 4lb braid . went a touch over 42cm

Then the next step was getting her to pick it up :P

Last edited by Nugget; 23-02-2011 at 06:56 AM.
Old 23-02-2011, 07:28 AM
Poddy Bream

May as well give it a crack, soo here goes:

Caught acouple of poddies and rigged one up my jewies rod, out she goes and hopefully into a jewies or big flattys mouth. A charter boat comes in so i put the jewie rod up against the railing near the shallow end, I didnt want the poddie to die, soo i just lobbed it out, have a nice talk to the charter operater and talk about fishing then all of a sudden i hear "Oi mate, you got one!!" I turn around and ive actually got a fish, a good one too, set the hook and its a good fight, short power full runs, every one gets off the charter boat to get a better view, it takes my for a walk up and down the rock wall, the orperator of the charter gets of with a net to try and help me 10 mins later i had my very first kingfish!! Every one gives me a pat on the back and some say, " i payed so and so for this charter and you catch this type of fish LB" "That bigger than all the fish we caught together" I was soo happy, I pack up and headed home. It wouldnt fit in my bucket so i carryed it home every sencond car honked and tooted at me to say good work! One car even shouted " GOOD F***ING WORK, YOU F***ING YOUNG GUN"!

70cm Kingfish:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg First kingy.jpg (101.6 KB, 287 views)
Old 23-02-2011, 07:59 AM
Big Bream

hey, this is a great thing you're doing suzie. good on ya!
heres my story. i had planned on fishing a little creek but having got a fair bit of rain the night before foced me to have a go in the local canals, which i hadn't really had much success in. it was getting close to the end of the day when something started smashing up on the surface, so i threw out my plastic, not really expected to catch anything but as soon as the lure hit the water, i was on! about 5 minutes later i saw the first flash of colour and what was only my second ever trevally and fourth fish on plastics, a 40cm GT surfaced. landing it proved difficult on a pontoon with out a net but that made it even better. I was so stoked that i'd caught it (even though my face doesn't show that )
Cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo0142.jpg (61.8 KB, 277 views)
Old 24-02-2011, 06:49 AM
Big Bream

I like all of the pics & stories posted so far, it is going to be hard to pick just 2 winners.

PB to the fork SP: 39cm Zman 2.5" Grub
PB to the fork HB: 43cm DUO Bivi Vibe

"enjoy what you do"
Old 24-02-2011, 06:58 AM
Blue Lip

Great idea Suzie!

Some of the stories so far have brought back memories of growing up and catching my first of different species, ahhh good times.

keep up the good work guys

www.crankalures.com