Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Lures > Hard Bodies

Hard Bodies Diving minnows are the name of the game here…
Attack, Halco, Oargee, Tilsan. Rebel…

Old 09-10-2008, 07:36 AM
Hyper Tackle

Couple of new custom colours that will be included in the Khamsin Jrs coming into Aus this summer these will also include rattles.

Mark
Attached Images
File Type: jpg khamsin-Jr_1.jpg (60.1 KB, 386 views)
Old 09-10-2008, 08:11 AM
Mature Bream

I have mine on order from my local tackle store I can't wait to give em a chuck at some bream lets hope the crafty little buggers want to take it

AUSTACKLE
'The Winning Edge'
Old 09-10-2008, 08:19 AM
Hyper Tackle

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazzylure View Post
I have mine on order from my local tackle store I can't wait to give em a chuck at some bream lets hope the crafty little buggers want to take it
Have had feedback from our sponsored anglers that with the added attraction of glass rattles they get smashed by Bream

Mark
Old 09-10-2008, 08:43 AM
Big Bream

Your killing me Mark

Chop
P.S That bottom colour will be a slayer!
Hardbody PB - 48cm Onk model-Zipbaits khamsin #300 - 48cm from Blackdogs-Zipbaits orbit slider #032 - 101cm Mulloway on Zipbaits khamsin #798
Soft plastic PB- 46cm Kangaroo island model- Gulp sandworm .
Old 09-10-2008, 09:11 AM
Hyper Tackle

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHOPS1 View Post
Your killing me Mark

Chop
P.S That bottom colour will be a slayer!
Cheers Chop, thinking of reducing the Orange belly on top one so it's just orange from the bib to the middle treble point or making the belly clear blue same as the Clear Prawn?

Feedback appreciated Breamers?

Mark
Old 09-10-2008, 09:35 AM
Big Bream

Maybe that blueish/purple hue over the top of that one? Like what was on the clear pink that was available a while ago to give it a bit of reflectiveness but retaining its see through body. #038 has it but it isnt as reflective because the body has a more solid coulour than the pink one that was out a while ago, even that bottom colour you have there has it(the hue). But i dont think its quite as strong, might just be the lighting though?

Chop
Hardbody PB - 48cm Onk model-Zipbaits khamsin #300 - 48cm from Blackdogs-Zipbaits orbit slider #032 - 101cm Mulloway on Zipbaits khamsin #798
Old 10-10-2008, 04:29 AM
Hyper Tackle

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHOPS1 View Post
Maybe that blueish/purple hue over the top of that one? Like what was on the clear pink that was available a while ago to give it a bit of reflectiveness but retaining its see through body. #038 has it but it isnt as reflective because the body has a more solid coulour than the pink one that was out a while ago, even that bottom colour you have there has it(the hue). But i dont think its quite as strong, might just be the lighting though?

Chop
Agree Chop and have asked for the pearl blue see through colour on the body of the top lure, also bottom lure will have a red eye
Old 10-10-2008, 04:44 AM
Mature Bream

They look great Mark, as Craig said, the bottom one looks killer.

Speaking of the pink one... any chance of bringing it back? Or getting qa couple for me from somewhere?
Old 10-10-2008, 04:57 AM
Big Bream

Thats sounds great Mark Hmmm more room needed in my zippy box

Chop
Old 10-10-2008, 06:18 AM
Hyper Tackle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Station49 View Post
They look great Mark, as Craig said, the bottom one looks killer.

Speaking of the pink one... any chance of bringing it back? Or getting qa couple for me from somewhere?
See what I can do Station the Pink was a good colour for sure

Thanks for the input much appreciated

Mark
Old 10-10-2008, 08:49 PM
Your Friendly Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipman View Post
Agree Chop and have asked for the pearl blue see through colour on the body of the top lure, also bottom lure will have a red eye
Hi Mark,

Personally I rate a red eye as one of the most important things in a Bream lure.

My red texta gets quite a workout and the results are pretty good

Dave

Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life!

Team BreamMaster Member
Old 10-10-2008, 10:55 PM
Hyper Tackle

Very effective Dave and agree that Red eyes do attract, eyes on that one uses a light reflective paint so reflects at different angles if you know what I mean still shows through Red Texta

Also those see through pearl light reflecting finishes that Chop mentioned really stand out and seem to reflect light and flash a Hue of Blue or Purple even in minimal light so great effects with clear glass colour Blue, Orange, Green etc on top of the lure and bottom pearly reflective see through colours so top colour gives glass type effect through the lure and bottom & Body flashes a Hue of Purple or Blue

Colours are a funny thing amongst Breamers Aust wide as Chop & Station mentioned they liked the Pink in S.A probably would have trouble selling Pink in other Statesso still open to suggestions on colours and your ideas

Mark
Old 11-10-2008, 01:58 AM
Blue Lip

Mark any idea when the rattling and deep running khamsin Jr's will be in WA?
Old 11-10-2008, 04:31 AM
Your Friendly Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipman View Post
Very effective Dave and agree that Red eyes do attract, eyes on that one uses a light reflective paint so reflects at different angles if you know what I mean still shows through Red Texta

Also those see through pearl light reflecting finishes that Chop mentioned really stand out and seem to reflect light and flash a Hue of Blue or Purple even in minimal light so great effects with clear glass colour Blue, Orange, Green etc on top of the lure and bottom pearly reflective see through colours so top colour gives glass type effect through the lure and bottom & Body flashes a Hue of Purple or Blue

Colours are a funny thing amongst Breamers Aust wide as Chop & Station mentioned they liked the Pink in S.A probably would have trouble selling Pink in other Statesso still open to suggestions on colours and your ideas

Mark
That's why I use a texta and not paint, all the original finish/reflectivity still comes through, especially on normal eyes.

My ideal Khamsin colour would be:

Translucent dark green back coming halfway down the sides fading into a translucent silver with a solid silver belly stripe, a bit similar to the bottom one in the new colours you've got above but with much more green, probably down in line with the eye.
I'd then add black stripes, same pattern as the one I've coloured the eyes in on, and finished with red eyes.
Add the rattles you're talking about, and hopefully keep the mag casting system.
I'd buy quite a few

Good to see you're open to suggestions. I've been tourney fishing for a looong time now, up to almost 40 ABT individual events, and this is the first time I've seen the input even asked for.

Kudos

Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life!

Team BreamMaster Member
Old 11-10-2008, 10:21 PM
Hyper Tackle

Brad still have Khamsin Jr DR in stock now, Khamsin Jr rattlers and Rigge 35F Deep rattlers should be ready by December.

Dave appreciate feedback on colours etc and pleased for you to have some input, and I'll see what we can come up with, fair bit of work for them to make blanking templates for painting "made from thin copper sheet from which pattern is cut out", was definately thinking a clear lime green prawn pattern

Mark

Last edited by Hyper Tackle; 11-10-2008 at 10:40 PM.