Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Lures > Soft Plastics

Soft Plastics Nothing but jubes in here…
Ecogear, Sliders, Atomic, Gene Larew, Bream Master...

Old 06-06-2016, 09:43 PM
Poddy Bream

Newbie soft plastics

Hey all. Im new to chasing bream and using soft plastics for that matter. I have a 1-3kg kmart sport fisher outfit (yes i know you get what you pay for but its all i can afford) spooled with 8lb braid and a 6lb leader. Iv attached a photo (i think) of the plastics I currently have. Any tips, tricks, other plastics recommendations etc etc will be awesome.
Greetings from Tasmania.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160603_115241.jpg (872.9 KB, 16 views)
Old 07-06-2016, 12:17 AM
Mature Bream

G'day and welcome
It looks like you have enough to get you started....can I suggest though that you get yourself some 2.5" grubs in a colour that would suit the systems you fish. I live in WA, so would have no idea on colours that would suit your systems, but I am sure others will make some colour suggestions.
To fish grubs YouTube is your friend....it will give you a few different options on how to work them as they are a very versatile style of plastic.
Zman grubs would be a great place to start.
Enjoy and have some fun
Old 07-06-2016, 08:38 PM
Poddy Bream

2.5" grubs, check
Thanks mate, hopefully after this wild weather the east cost is having I'll be able to get out there for some winter fishing and hone my skills before the summer starts.
Old 09-06-2016, 04:08 PM
Blue Lip

get a liqua locker for those gulps otheriwise once they leak on you it will put you off soft plastics. You can mix the wet Gulp type plastics, but for other brands you can mix same brand plastics only but some colour change may occur. ZMans religiously need to be kept seperate even from same brand if different colour or they change colour. Damikis, Squidgies mix well in their own brand with different colours no issues.

Get a varierty of small fish style and creature bait style. Get a few natural colours and one type of bright fluoro type colour.

Last edited by vxcalais; 09-06-2016 at 04:11 PM.
Old 10-06-2016, 02:49 AM
Big Bream

Get one lure... A cranka crab and cast out into the water and catch bream
Old 10-06-2016, 07:17 AM
Big Bream

I'd say get a Zman grub in motor oil colour
Softplastic Bream 36cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Old 11-06-2016, 05:56 PM
Poddy Bream

I looked at those cranka crabs. Definitely interesting to look at. Might get one once iv sorted out a soft plastics tackle bag/box.
Zman motor oil grub...check
Old 12-06-2016, 10:27 PM
Mature Bream

agree with the zman plastics cant go past the motor oil, gudgeon & watermelon colour range

i found yesterday giving a couple of sharp flicks to get the plastic lifting then let it sit for about 10 seconds then repeat

ive been running the razor edge lures tournament series jigheads in the red bug colour a lot and have been having some good success well especially yesterday - check brag board post

ive been smothering my plastics in procure mullet i use to run sfactor but i don't like the new formula compared to the darker sfactor you use to get in the packs but that's just me

the zman slim swims are also one plastic ill go to if the grubs bit quiet and can trick those shut down bream a bit

each person has a different style its all about adapting to what the fish are after on the day not so much the same retrieve each session if you get what i mean some days slow and subtle lifts others short sharp flicks etc

good luck
Old 12-06-2016, 11:10 PM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp30tr View Post
agree with the zman plastics cant go past the motor oil, gudgeon & watermelon colour range

i found yesterday giving a couple of sharp flicks to get the plastic lifting then let it sit for about 10 seconds then repeat

ive been running the razor edge lures tournament series jigheads in the red bug colour a lot and have been having some good success well especially yesterday - check brag board post

ive been smothering my plastics in procure mullet i use to run sfactor but i don't like the new formula compared to the darker sfactor you use to get in the packs but that's just me

the zman slim swims are also one plastic ill go to if the grubs bit quiet and can trick those shut down bream a bit

each person has a different style its all about adapting to what the fish are after on the day not so much the same retrieve each session if you get what i mean some days slow and subtle lifts others short sharp flicks etc

good luck
Everyone is saying motoroil i have had caught a heap of bream salmon trout
with my accident injury my time this season has been non existent for me .i have noticed some wihextra sparkles in them and thngs like prawn grubs reckon when the warm weather comes back the bream will be back
Softplastic Bream 36cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Old 13-06-2016, 12:06 AM
Mature Bream

my go to colour is gudgeon but with all the rain we have been experiencing here in the lower end of WA (Well not as much as the east coast last week) ive been throwing the motor oil in zmans and the OSP bent minnow in pearl (white coloured)

have been getting more action on the bents than I expected this time of year but the session yesterday was to get my touch back on plastics been throwing hards a lot lately and its always good to go back to the basics and rediscover the touch with a technique which hasn't been used a lot
Old 13-06-2016, 03:35 AM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp30tr View Post
my go to colour is gudgeon but with all the rain we have been experiencing here in the lower end of WA (Well not as much as the east coast last week) ive been throwing the motor oil in zmans and the OSP bent minnow in pearl (white coloured)

have been getting more action on the bents than I expected this time of year but the session yesterday was to get my touch back on plastics been throwing hards a lot lately and its always good to go back to the basics and rediscover the touch with a technique which hasn't been used a lot
You may find the Zman grub 2.5 in pearl white there's a couple like that white or clear with what I'll say are sparkles
Barbie pink same
Gold the same
And a darker colour escapes me might be motor oil or another darker colour with sparkles
Too cold for me and my local gets full of weed
Mind you I haven't been cleared to drive yet so a bit hard
Softplastic Bream 36cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Old 01-07-2016, 05:45 AM
Poddy Bream

Hey guys, how would you rig up a soft plastic crab?
The local shop showed me to hook it through the back, but I cant find much info around on how others hook them up
Old 01-07-2016, 06:25 PM
Big Bream

Been having some success with the ZMann slim swimz in bloodworm and motoroil. 1/16 jig head. Just gentle lifts off the bottom or just leave them if your in a bit of current. Turtlebacks are good but dont know about in Tassie.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: