Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Getting Started

Getting Started If you’re new to the Sport then this is the forum for you.

Old 15-04-2012, 06:44 AM
Poddy Bream

Wow it's alot of good tips. I used the super bream from kmart and was pausing and slow reel and got my first bream. I try the next few times but didn't get any with my new lure and in the end I tried t another location and got snag with my new $$$ lure. Ouch!

Super bream: 30cm bream
Old 15-04-2012, 06:57 AM
Blue Lip

The only tip I can give you is that every day you are out there casting a lure you are one cast closer to catching your first bream.

P.S. Have a look over fisho fanatic3 posts, he went from where you are and is now getting stuck into the bream on a regular basis
Old 15-04-2012, 07:02 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodWorm View Post

P.S. Have a look over fisho fanatic3 posts, he went from where you are and is now getting stuck into the bream on a regular basis
link me please
Old 15-04-2012, 07:10 AM
Blue Lip

I hope this works

http://www.breammaster.com/forum/sea...archid=1249016
Old 15-04-2012, 07:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodWorm View Post
Nope
Old 15-04-2012, 07:37 AM
Mature Bream

Everything what everyone has said is 100% right, and also what I did to catch my first bream was to keep trying!!! you get out what you put in

Last edited by Breambogrinner; 15-04-2012 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Wanted to
Old 15-04-2012, 07:49 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breambogrinner View Post
Everything what everyone has said is 100% right, and also what I did to catch my first bream was to keep trying!!! you get out what you put in
ha ha yeah ive been trying for ages hey and still nothing, its like when i go bass fishing, i do it alot and catch fish often , but can not catch a bass on a spinnerbait lol it drives me nuts
Old 15-04-2012, 07:57 AM
Mature Bream

Haha yeah, it will feel much better knowing all that effort payed off!!! Hell, if I can do it, EVERYONE can
Old 15-04-2012, 10:46 PM
Mature Bream

Don't be disheartened! All the built up disappointment will turn into accomplishment when you land that first one, followed by more desire to get an even bigger one!

My first bream was on an ecogear SX40F on a steady, slooow retrieve (I hadn't yet learned any other retrieve styles). All the info here is great, and just know that your 'first blood' will be most memorable! Be sure to share when you land him!
Old 15-04-2012, 10:49 PM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey View Post
Don't be disheartened! All the built up disappointment will turn into accomplishment when you land that first one, followed by more desire to get an even bigger one!

My first bream was on an ecogear SX40F on a steady, slooow retrieve (I hadn't yet learned any other retrieve styles). All the info here is great, and just know that your 'first blood' will be most memorable! Be sure to share when you land him!
i got 9 SX40s one the way as i bought some on ebay last week lets see if i can get one on them, are they easy to cast? they look pretty light....ill definitely post my first bream up here
Old 15-04-2012, 11:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgarner447 View Post
i got 9 SX40s one the way as i bought some on ebay last week lets see if i can get one on them, are they easy to cast? they look pretty light....ill definitely post my first bream up here
sx40's are great lures mate but they cast like crap imo. Great for casting around snags ect but not so great for long casts.
Old 15-04-2012, 11:16 PM
Mature Bream

thats why they brought out the long cast version
Old 15-04-2012, 11:30 PM
Blue Lip

Mate you have the lures, you have the gear. Its just the catching thats got you stumped. If you can find someone to go fishing with who has experience in catching Bream, then go for a fish with him/her. I did that and i learned so much in that one day, more than i had for the previous months i was breaming.

Some great info has already been said, but you should only really "take-in" 1/3 of what has been said and decide the other 2/3 yourself. This is what a great Bream fisho told me when i was new to the Breaming scheme. It has effected my catch rate dramatically!! Its a confidence thing and one thing may be working for someone else but it doesnt mean that it will for you. You need to be comfortable with where you are fishing, when you are fishing, what you are fishing with, etc. If you put on a lure that doesnt look to good in your eyes and you dont have much confidence with it, change it to something that YOU feel confident in and thats going to get you a Bream.

One day you will get a Bream, always focus on that. It usually happens when you least expect it, so dont turn down a single opportunity for a cast as it might be your best chance at getting some Bream. My first fish came from when i came back from a tank dive and we were putting the boat on the trailer. I pulled out my little flickstick and a Subdog and chucked it right in the middle of the boat ramp. There was no structure what so ever and i was using 6lb fluro in crystal clear water. i twitched it back in and just as it came into view i was watching my retrieve and all of a sudden a little Bream came and smashed it!! A Bream has got to eat and if they are hungry they will eat just about anything they can get!! I look forward to when you get your first Bream.

Last edited by Ca11um; 15-04-2012 at 11:32 PM.
Old 16-04-2012, 12:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick Minnow View Post
thats why they brought out the long cast version
Yeah i know but they cast like crap as well haha. I'm not a huge fan of sx's anymore but that's just me.

Last edited by Breamobsession; 16-04-2012 at 03:17 AM.
Old 16-04-2012, 12:21 AM
Mature Bream

+1 born to FISH!!!
Yeah sx40 long casts do cast long compared to the original sx40s
Also, get a whole wide variety of lures, blades/vibes, soft plastics, hard body lures (minnows, cranks etc) , anything you can think of

Last edited by Breambogrinner; 16-04-2012 at 12:22 AM. Reason: mistakes