Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Getting Started

Getting Started If you’re new to the Sport then this is the forum for you.

Old 11-03-2013, 04:57 PM
Mature Bream

Fishing Obsession / Enthusiasm

Can't help but think that I am a little obsessed with Fishing.

I quite literally finish work at 5pm, jump in the car and head straight to "the spot" for a flick of the lures.

It could be blowing 40 knot winds and I'll still be out there flicking lures into it with a big stupid grin on my face. Pouring rain just means putting a weather jacket on.

Anyone else this obsessed?

Sean
Old 11-03-2013, 05:07 PM
Blue Lip

Yep,I reckon just about every person on BM is an absoulute addict,who needs there fix quite reguarly
Old 11-03-2013, 05:29 PM
Mature Bream

I guess I'm lucky enough that the Mrs doesn't mind me heading out quite often as well.

Apparently I get a little grumpy if I haven't been in anything more than 48 hours. Little twitchy.

Hoping I can find some folks just as enthusiastic as I am to help hone my technique some more and catch more fish.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:17 PM
Mature Bream

i can start work whenever i like and will start at 5 and be fishing by 12.30 or 1 o'clock at the latest,,
Old 11-03-2013, 07:25 PM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate View Post
I guess I'm lucky enough that the Mrs doesn't mind me heading out quite often as well.

Apparently I get a little grumpy if I haven't been in anything more than 48 hours. Little twitchy.

Hoping I can find some folks just as enthusiastic as I am to help hone my technique some more and catch more fish.
You are lucky mate!
According to my missus fishing is a silly little game that eats into our family time!!
And I feel like you are walking on egg shells when you're going out, we all know about 5 hrs is nothing when fishin but my missus acts like its a lifetime!!
3 kids under 8 makes it hard too so I saviour every moment when I get out there!!
Cheers Matt
Old 11-03-2013, 07:36 PM
Mature Bream

I can't help but feel guilty sometimes.

We've got 4 Gremlins as well.

3, 4, 6 and an 8 Year old - Little terrors they are - All boys except the 4 year old. And of course she is the one that wants to go fishing the most.

I've worked out a reasonable deal - I'm home 2 nights during the week and 2 full days during the weekend - Friday night is normally movie night with the kids and my lady. - Keeps things ballanced to some degree.

Sean
Old 11-03-2013, 07:37 PM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt jorg View Post
You are lucky mate!
According to my missus fishing is a silly little game that eats into our family time!!
And I feel like you are walking on egg shells when you're going out, we all know about 5 hrs is nothing when fishin but my missus acts like its a lifetime!!
3 kids under 8 makes it hard too so I saviour every moment when I get out there!!
Cheers Matt
I know were you are coming from bud
Old 11-03-2013, 07:47 PM
Blue Lip

I've been fishing for just under 50 years and the obsession is as strong as ever.
When the weather turns really foul I've been known to leave the wet weather gear at home and fish in a wet suit.
It took a long time but I found a woman who loves fishing as much as I do, so I can go when ever I want. Only problem there is I always need to buy 2 of everything and she has just discovered Duffrods and Exists.
Old 11-03-2013, 08:10 PM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Hornet View Post
I've been fishing for just under 50 years and the obsession is as strong as ever.
When the weather turns really foul I've been known to leave the wet weather gear at home and fish in a wet suit.
It took a long time but I found a woman who loves fishing as much as I do, so I can go when ever I want. Only problem there is I always need to buy 2 of everything and she has just discovered Duffrods and Exists.
Haha.... I am going to learn that lesson the hard way I think. - The Mrs just started taking a stronger interest in it. Plus she has the patience to sit and cast one after another.

Thankfully I'm on the mid range gear at this stage. I'll just give her the hand me down stuff . Lets hope she doesn't take too much interest or I'll be even more broke than I am now.

I've just put 2 Certates on my MUST HAVE List.
Old 11-03-2013, 08:27 PM
Poddy Bream

Hi my name is No Eye Deer and im a fishoholic.
I fish daily (twice if i can get away with it) I live in East Gippsland so have many options, rain does not bother me (fish are already wet) and fishing in the wind though uncomfortable can produce some cracking sessions. I LOVE SURFACE FISHING THE FLATS WHEN THERE ARE WHITE CAPS ON THEM!! My Missis is very understanding she knows im a grump if i cant fish for some reason. As far as the kids go i will take them when i can and when i cant put the extra effort in around home the day before a serious session!
FISHING IS NOT A ADDICTION ITS A WAY OF LIFE... IT'S WHO WE ARE!!
Old 11-03-2013, 08:46 PM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Eye Dear View Post

To right bud!
Old 11-03-2013, 09:19 PM
Mature Bream

I think we are all like that at times mate , when the jacks were on fire a couple of months ago I was trying to get out there every Arvo to chase them rain hail or shine
Old 11-03-2013, 10:52 PM
Mature Bream

Wink

i think i have the same addiction, nowadays when i do something i asked to be payed with lures instead of money.

plus i seem to fish at the same time fate does an awful lot.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt jorg View Post
You are lucky mate!
Cheers Matt
Maybe that's why i'm seperated although she never used to mind me going fishing, had to find another Mrs for that to happen I to saviour every moment
Old 12-03-2013, 01:06 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Eye Dear View Post
Amen!
Worse places & things a married man can be or be doing.
When the wife arc's up about my time on the water, I simply remind her of that little fact and that at least this way she knows where I am & who I am doing it with, but if she'd prefer I go with an alternative..........

I was, am still, and always will be a fisherman.

Its a work in progress