Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Getting Started

Getting Started If you’re new to the Sport then this is the forum for you.

Old 07-07-2009, 05:29 PM
Mature Bream

squidgy stiffy bony bream lures

gday all
ive seen the post about try hards barra sesh on squidgy bony bream. ive always wondered how do they swim? how do you work them?what else are they good for?. so i was wondering if any of you guys can tell me he answers to all the questons above. and also are they mainly only built for barra.
cheers basman.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:36 PM
Mature Bream

ive never used he boney bream lures before but im pritty sure u'd mainly use them in deeper water coz sight casting barra with this lure mite spook them coz of the size.
also ive only ever seen people use these lures for barra, ud definately be able to catch other species of fish on them aswell.

bream
P.B-39cm
flatty
P.B-96cm
Old 08-07-2009, 04:44 AM
Mature Bream

The boney bream are a great lure for shallow weedy flats. They are a sub-surface lure, just swimming 30cm under the surface. They don't really have much action on a slow roll retrive, just a really slow wobble. So you have to impart most of the action with your rod tip. Just a few really sharp jerks with the rod and then a pause imitates an injured boney bream perfect. As for spooking fish when sight casting, well when the fish are in feeding mode the splash will attract them over, just make sure you don't land it on their head. The only fish you will spook are the ones that are sunning themselves and arn't hunting around. When fishing up at kinchant we spotted a 110cm+ barra cruzing about 3m from the boat, Isaac casted the lure about 4m ahead of it and the fish didnt spook at all, the fish swam over and followed the lure for a few twitches and boofed it down however the hooks didn't stay after some amazing aerobatics.
Hope this helps.
Cheers Dylan
Old 08-07-2009, 05:19 AM
Mature Bream

thanks dylan congrats on that 113cm monster.i wish i could cach one that big. me livin on the gold coast i cant do much barra fishin.i have to go up to beenleigh barra park or sunny coas barra park. ive been to monduran dam and hooked a fish about that big but lost him.my biggest still sits at 73cm. thanks for answering my questions.one last thing those lures are they a vibe or do they float and are used like a jerk shad? if u could answer this i would be very greatfull.
cheers bassman
Old 08-07-2009, 06:48 AM
Mature Bream

Thanks, the boneys are a floating lure, Im not quite sure what you mean by 'used like a jerkshad' however you dont fish them like a plastic, you just cast them out and then twitch them with sharp downwards jerks to get the lure under the water and twitching away, then pause for a few seconds and the lure slowly floats up then start twitching away again.
Cheers Dylan.
Old 08-07-2009, 06:54 AM
Big Bream

been using them for mulloway a little at the end of last summer in the swan
no fish yet
but had a couple of hits, and will give them a better bash when it gets hot again
Old 20-10-2015, 06:01 AM
Mature Bream

Old Jurassic topic but does anyone here can show us some pics of these great lures please.

Cheers Rizzo