Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Vehicles > 4WD

Old 15-09-2014, 06:52 AM
Mature Bream

RA rodeo suspension upgrade

Hey guys,

My ride is sagging on stock springs and in need of a lift. Ive been reading up on replacement leaves and have know idea which brand to run with.. Every one I speak to is trying to sell me different ones so I thought I'd try on here to see from peoples experiences if I can make a decision. I know I need 300kg springs cause of a steel tray with timber deck which already weighs over 200kegs plus tools/ equipment etc. also would do shocks as well while it's on the hoist I guess. I heard iron man are bouncy as hell and OME don't go the distance! Latest recommendations were oztec leaves but they only give 30 odd mm and I wanted to get the 40 I need when hitting the NPWS fire trails at work. Another thread related to rodeo lifts I googled rated dobbinsons?? I need help!!
Old 15-09-2014, 08:01 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackmaa View Post
Hey guys,

My ride is sagging on stock springs and in need of a lift. Ive been reading up on replacement leaves and have know idea which brand to run with.. Every one I speak to is trying to sell me different ones so I thought I'd try on here to see from peoples experiences if I can make a decision. I know I need 300kg springs cause of a steel tray with timber deck which already weighs over 200kegs plus tools/ equipment etc. also would do shocks as well while it's on the hoist I guess. I heard iron man are bouncy as hell and OME don't go the distance! Latest recommendations were oztec leaves but they only give 30 odd mm and I wanted to get the 40 I need when hitting the NPWS fire trails at work. Another thread related to rodeo lifts I googled rated dobbinsons?? I need help!!
The bounce is not directly related to the springs it is the shocks, they are what slow down the speed or rate at which the spring travels up and down.

If you have that sort of weight on the back and you change the springs put some good adjustable shocks on so you can control the bounce and roll more.
Old 15-09-2014, 05:31 PM
Mature Bream

thanks for the education bj.. back to the drawing board
Old 15-09-2014, 06:07 PM
Blue Lip

I run the ironman shockers on my d40 navara, no complaints and not bouncy, they are the mid range $250 per shocker, the cheaper options may be different?
Old 20-09-2014, 02:29 AM
Mature Bream

Hey guys,

I got my lift kit fitted this week and just for the record, I went with Raw Nitro Max shocks and EFS 300kg+ springs and torsion bars. All up I got 65-70mm height increase (it was only a 40mm kit so I was sagging about 30mm!).

Havent tested it offroad yet but will be workin on NPWS fire trails next week again so will be able to give it a solid nudge then. As for general ride and handling, it seems to be handling better with significantly less body roll and the ride is not any bumpier than before which im stoked about given they're heavy springs now. Anyway, we'll see in 6 months time how its settled in.

Cheers
J.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: