Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Bream Anglers Tavern

Bream Anglers Tavern Drop in here if you're just surfing with a beer in your hand. Good place to just hang out...

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 08:08 AM
Big Bream

how can you not like Robson..... lot of people watch the show that are not into fishing because of his antics.....we all know he is not the best fisherman but he does get a good laugh
Pflueger
Berkley
Old 06-03-2013, 08:08 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frewzy View Post
Well said man
Old 06-03-2013, 08:11 AM
Blue Lip

Lol Robson rocks. He's a funny bugger and i like his shows.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:21 AM
Blue Lip

[QUOTE=yakkindan;537044]The 2 cases of fish floating in the background were both snapper shows, 1 with merv Hughes and the other with John Hastings (I'm 90% sure, Aussie cricketer nonetheless) I agree that Ifish does push the sustainability angle which is great, but then to hypocrite himself by showing fish suffering barotrauma after release totally screws his credibility.

Agree 100%
Old 06-03-2013, 08:30 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexton View Post
It has happened in at least two episodes,and you ask us to give him a break? His explaination was just to cover his bum,plain and simple!!! This bloke is meant to be a ROLE MODEL to our younger generation,and quite frankly he is not doing a good job of that!! This is not a hate thread on Paul,this is purely to identify the fact that there was floating fish in the back ground that Paul has caught and shown very bad catch and release techniqe! While he trys to teach people about good catch and release Come on this is very POOR form! And I ask you this......have you ever seen a floating fish in the background in one of Robson's Green shows............... The answer if you are wondering is NO!!!!

I understand the fact that we dont have to many fishing shows in Australia,so given this reason wouldnt you want to give the best impression ,or atleast at the very little, delete the footage or film it from another angle???

Like I have said.....This does nothing for our fishing rights.The greenies and the PEW group are trying there best to LOCK US OUT and stop people from fishing all together,and to have some one that is representing us as fisherman,on a big scale to be soo darn careless is just not on!!! Paul/IFISH should know better.......
fair enough, it should have been edited out. there is really no excuse for that. But still, paul has easily filmed close to 200 episodes..barotrauma in two of them is not that bad. that is 1% of his shows...
you can excersise the very best catch and release technique, but you will never be able to save 100% of your fish. As you said though, it really should have been edited out. Not having a go at you mate, just dont like seeing people badmouth paul on fishing sites. Whilst your original post didnt bad mouth him as such, have a look at some peoples posts that followed.

Last edited by Bremmer15; 06-03-2013 at 08:34 AM.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:32 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frewzy View Post
Dave buttfield has the best show IMO. He cover a bit of everything and doesn't dribble so much DohDohDohDoh
havent seen this one.. is it on digital tv? or is it a foxtel one?
Old 06-03-2013, 08:51 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremmer15 View Post
fair enough, it should have been edited out. there is really no excuse for that. But still, paul has easily filmed close to 200 episodes..barra trauma in two of them is not that bad. that is 1% of his shows...
you can excersise the very best catch and release technique, but you will never be able to save 100% of your fish. As you said though, it really should have been edited out. Not having a go at you mate, just dont like seeing people badmouth paul on fishing sites. Whilst your original post didnt bad mouth him as such, have a look at some peoples posts that followed.
All good bud Yes I do also agree with some of your points.And yes I did see some of the other post's that followed.Each to there own I guess. I was just trying to point out a fact,that I thought could of been handled in a better way.Expecially when Australia is in the middle of trying to protect a way of life that we have done for generations,and this sought of thing does not help our cause.Just gives the greenies another reason/point to there argument against fishing........
Old 06-03-2013, 09:15 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexton View Post
All good bud Yes I do also agree with some of your points.And yes I did see some of the other post's that followed.Each to there own I guess. I was just trying to point out a fact,that I thought could of been handled in a better way.Expecially when Australia is in the middle of trying to protect a way of life that we have done for generations,and this sought of thing does not help our cause.Just gives the greenies another reason/point to there argument against fishing........
sure, your point is very much valid. should have been edited out. at the end of the day though, barotrauma is a fact of fishing, so other people would be naive to think it simply does not occur unless you release fish in a poor manner.

btw, anyone know when the cranka/extreme fishing episode is on? wouldnt miss that one for anything
Old 06-03-2013, 09:34 AM
Mature Bream

The best thing about I-fish are the episodes featuring Pauls wife . She is one lovely looking lady

Shimano Sustain FG 1000 on 13 ENVY Black 6.10
Shimano Stradic Ci4 1000 on 13 OMEN Black 6.10
Shimano Stradic FJ 1000 on Rapala X Rap Xtreme 6.0
Shimano Stradic Ci4 2500 on Rapala X Rap Xtreme 6.10
Old 06-03-2013, 09:43 AM
Mature Bream

i like the way for such an experienced angler the amount of times Paul hooks himself or does stupid things time after time,,what i think gets most people is he just gets carried away to much
Old 06-03-2013, 09:44 AM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimbin157 View Post
The best thing about I-fish are the episodes featuring Pauls wife . She is one lovely looking lady
Noooooooooo! Say it isn't so. There's something about her that just puts me off.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:52 AM
Mature Bream

Dare i say it ? Must be her rod rack

Old 06-03-2013, 10:35 AM
Blue Lip

I watched this sick one on fishing the amazon. Can't remember the blokes name but he was chucking surface lures at peacock bass! Awesome footage, awesome scenery and it really captured the whole essence of fishing the amazon I believe. Plus the bloke was awesome at explaining the area, the fish and was a very good presenter. Wish I could remember the name of it but its one of the best shows I have seen!
Old 06-03-2013, 10:53 AM
Mature Bream

That would be Steve Townson Callum check out AmazonAngler.com.His show was on telly last year .

Old 06-03-2013, 12:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimbin157 View Post
Hahaha +1
Closed Thread