Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Bream Anglers Tavern

Bream Anglers Tavern Drop in here if you're just surfing with a beer in your hand. Good place to just hang out...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-03-2018, 11:15 PM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevvy View Post
This is a very interesting.
This is my first visit for about six weeks but before that I've been away for so long I totally missed the site crash.
I've been a member since 2002 and I agree those were the days, lots of info and laughs to be had.
My major reason for visiting less was when I would log on and browse through new posts and they would be 80% some one selling gear, breammaster went from a forum to ebay for fishing gear.
I admit I did get one or two deals on some lures but it just became ridiculous the amount of "for sale" posts. In connection with this was the amount of my gear is better than your gear slanging matches that was also a big turn off.
I think it was a mistake to include a classifieds section in the forum I would be interested to know how or why it was allowed.
In all honesty the gear trading section was a big positive to the forum for me and I don't think it really related to the death of the forum.

I think that the forum (like most) was struggling a bit with Facebook groups etc. and was pushed over the edge with reliability issues.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: