Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Lures > Hard Bodies

Hard Bodies Diving minnows are the name of the game here…
Attack, Halco, Oargee, Tilsan. Rebel…

Old 31-10-2014, 08:08 PM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexton View Post
Cool, besides assist hooks, I've never fished single hooks on bream lures before. May have to try it some time.
Fine wire trout singles can be difficult to get in Au. Vanfook do a – Trout Series – CK-33BL but unfortunately the Aussy importer doesn't bring them in.
Can be got on line from Eastackle
Old 08-11-2014, 12:42 AM
Big Bream

Finally had a chance to try these out - the result was interesting...if not a bit dissapointing.
It should be rembered I was wading the shallows at the time useing a light spin outfit with .04 Rockfish and 4lb Vhard leader.

Firstly I would rate the castability at about 5-6 out of 10 - which is probably what you would expect from a small lure weighing only 2.7g with a proportionally large bib and no weight transfer system.

As far as action goes the lure swims with a very head down attitude, at a guess I'd say about 75-80 degrees. At a very slow roll the head section of the lure remains quite stable while the jointed tail section has quite an active wobble. The thing was though anything past a very slow steady roll and the action would blow out altogether. For someone who likes to impart a lot of twitches, pauses and darting motion to lure fishing I found this a bit of a pain to get used to. Might suit some though.

All up the finish is very good and I really like the hardware.
Would I buy them again?...probably not!!!
Suggested uses: bream, whiting, keyring

Cheers Paul
Old 08-11-2014, 02:21 AM
Big Bream

Great review mate, if not but a sad result. It's nice to see an honest insightful review.