Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Lures > Hard Bodies

Hard Bodies Diving minnows are the name of the game here…
Attack, Halco, Oargee, Tilsan. Rebel…

Old 17-12-2002, 02:39 AM
Big Bream

why oh why

i know the theory but how come you always lose your fav. lure??

after reading the posts about hard bodies being neglected, i used a sneaky scorpion today (yes it was gold and orange chrome..*L*). and didnt it work a treat.

after not getting a touch on the softies i managed 2 bream ( 35cm and 39cm) on the scorpion . good solid fish.....full of roe. they were the first fish on a hard body ive caught after reading starlo and bushys book, the bushy wriggle does work!! after seeing her follow the s.s. i stopped the retrieve and watched the lure rise. she hit the lure hard but didnt hook up .....it was nearly on the surface when she hit it again and i was on.....YEEHAAAAAA.

a few minutes of white knuckled action and a beautiful bream was in my hand.....and released without a problem.

then tragedy struck. the little bugger snagged up on a pylon i tried....god yes i tried but to no avail....he was gone for good.

RIP little guy. you were with me for too short a time for too few a fish.

warren, let me get some of the christmas debt off the credit card and you'll be hearing from me

cheers pete
Old 17-12-2002, 04:25 AM
The Angry Administrator

Thats like Craigs nice fish the other day, a quick twitch between pylons and he was on and then he was gone , with Craigs favourite OarG in his mouth as well the mighty JG.... Id be rather devistated if I lost one of mine. But then again if it was to a good fish instead of a snag then I might take it a bit easier... Oh well might as well order another, its nearly a good Idea to have 2 of everything for situations like this.

Cheers

Richo
Old 06-01-2003, 10:37 AM
Poddy Bream

Location: I live in the Redlands Shire (alexandra hills), Brisbane
Heya fellas
i know how you guys feel
the other day i was into a red hot session i was using my favorite little bream lure, a lttle halco35 and i caught 3 big fat bream a small gt and a very small cod.......but then i found out that a nice jack liked that lure too ........ you know the rest of the storie. so it looks like i have to go and buy more i think i might buy 2 or 3.
why oh why

cheers Matt
Old 06-01-2003, 03:00 PM
Big Bream

Some lures are just meant to be lost & unfortunately its always a favorite & never repeat never one of those lousy ones that won't swim right after 50 tuning attempts. My much loved Rapala Jointed Minnow that was covered in bream teeth marks etc was lost to a damn Long Tom! Normally toms are hard to hook & easy to lose but not this one because it was my best lure it took one half hearted snap at it & hooked up & despite my throwing slack line at it etc hoping for the hooks to fall out & trying to prevent a bite off he bit it off. Damn it.
Old 07-01-2003, 12:36 AM
Fishing Tragic

I've been chasing those orange and gold scorpions all over Perth with very little success. Finally managed to get them from Outdoor Sports and Leisure in Bunbury.

Nice bunch down there, all I have to do is call now and they'll hold them for me. Handy if I can't get on here.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BreamOnFly/
----------------------------------------------
http://www.breammaster.com/images/bea001.jpg
Old 07-01-2003, 02:44 AM

Hey Bear, try K-mart, they've got heaps at the Garden City Store.
Just wait till their on sale.
I lost my ss orange and gold (caught me my first fish on hard body) because i smashed it into the pylons a few too many times!
Poor bastard, oh well, i just replaced it thanx to this site, along with a few others!
Hehe

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: