Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Bream Anglers Tavern

Bream Anglers Tavern Drop in here if you're just surfing with a beer in your hand. Good place to just hang out...

Old 16-01-2019, 06:52 PM
LEGEND Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ BRIBIE View Post
This is 100% correct. I've been wearing 100% polyester undershirts for the last 4 years as work uniform and they indeed need to be skin tight or close to it to keep you cool, and even then they still get super sweaty being that they don't breathe. And yep, they hold a weird smell after a while of use that doesn't wash out.

It's like sitting shirtless against a leather couch in a hot qld summer! These aren't top of the line shirts by any means though
Yeah I'm not sure my rig is ready to handle a skin tight body shirt and I dont need any assistance in producing peculiar odours
Old 16-01-2019, 07:25 PM
LEGEND Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodWorm View Post
The vapor tek is the one I have and it is great. It is on the tighter fit side though.

My son got one of the eclipse ones which are a more generous cut but a slightly heavier fabric.
Thanks for the update - After my exhaustive research, it seems the polyester shirts have alot of advantages over cotton

They seem to be a sponsors dream - more durable - can be printed with wild fade resistant colours in all manner of patterns - Your Angler will always look presentable because poly doesnt suffer as badly from the stains and crinkling that cotton is susceptible to. When the angler throws their hands up in Victory on the podium you wont see dirty great big pit stains.

But in my most important criteria (coolness), the general consensus seems to be - (for the relaxed fit shirt I would buy) - cotton seems to be the best option.
Old 16-01-2019, 09:13 PM
Blue Lip

I have a couple of vented fishing shirts that I wear but I sweat very much if I wear them alone. I glean greater comfort by wearing a cotton t-shirt under them. I still sweat but a damp t-shirt is more comfortable and can be cooling if there is a breeze about. Regards, HBt.
Old 17-01-2019, 02:26 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB tragic View Post
I have a couple of vented fishing shirts that I wear but I sweat very much if I wear them alone. I glean greater comfort by wearing a cotton t-shirt under them. I still sweat but a damp t-shirt is more comfortable and can be cooling if there is a breeze about. Regards, HBt.
Yeah - the first time I saw a straw filled evaporative air con unit was about 30 years ago - It was a heat-wave in grade 3 and they wheeled it into class to chill everyone out.

I'd never seen any air con units before so I was fascinated with how it was blowing out cold air. Turned out it was just dripping water over straw, with a fan behind it.

Ever since then, I've been a regular user of this phenomena

As year round bike rider - taking advantage of a wet cotton shirt has got me out of some pretty sticky situations

A bloke on another page mentioned he wore polyester if it was windy and cotton when there was only a slight breeze. So I figure thats got to count for something - the polys definitely have their place but my major prob is over heating

If I get over a certain heat - "Daves syndrome" kicks in

Last edited by yellow door 1; 17-01-2019 at 02:29 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: