Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Bream Anglers Tavern

Bream Anglers Tavern Drop in here if you're just surfing with a beer in your hand. Good place to just hang out...



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #166  
Old 06-05-2015, 05:33 AM
yellow door 1's Avatar
yellow door 1 yellow door 1 is offline
LEGEND Unicorn
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: melbourne
Posts: 11,987
add another and you get to 4m reach
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4653.jpg (85.7 KB, 401 views)
Reply With Quote
  #167  
Old 06-05-2015, 05:48 AM
stella fella's Avatar
stella fella stella fella is offline
Blue Lip
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lake Mac
Posts: 3,163
Made a similar contraption a while back, only with a broom handle and duct tape. Mine might have been made in an attempt to help "relocate" a certain native marsupial
__________________
"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, but I still get to kill something."
Reply With Quote
  #168  
Old 06-05-2015, 06:22 AM
yellow door 1's Avatar
yellow door 1 yellow door 1 is offline
LEGEND Unicorn
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: melbourne
Posts: 11,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by stella fella View Post
Made a similar contraption a while back, only with a broom handle and duct tape. Mine might have been made in an attempt to help "relocate" a certain native marsupial
Yeah I know a bloke with a net very similar to mine that had to relocate a furry native in the past. This cheeky bugger was diving down to get his livies - Reckons he had to scoop him out for his own safety.

He was giving him a lecture on the dangers of eating livebaits, when he bit a hole in the net and ran straight into a pub. Their were heaps of people drinking and he was waiting for the screams but noone noticed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4650.jpg (123.5 KB, 397 views)
File Type: jpg 4649.jpg (119.4 KB, 397 views)
Reply With Quote
  #169  
Old 06-05-2015, 06:42 AM
Bash's Avatar
Bash Bash is offline
Big Bream
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sydney
Posts: 709
Awesome ideas and awesome thread. Love it!!!
Reply With Quote
  #170  
Old 06-05-2015, 08:16 AM
mr perch's Avatar
mr perch mr perch is offline
Blue Lip
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Merino vic
Posts: 1,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow door 1 View Post
Yeah I know a bloke with a net very similar to mine that had to relocate a furry native in the past. This cheeky bugger was diving down to get his livies - Reckons he had to scoop him out for his own safety.

He was giving him a lecture on the dangers of eating livebaits, when he bit a hole in the net and ran straight into a pub. Their were heaps of people drinking and he was waiting for the screams but noone noticed.
He also had a bucket similar to yours
Reply With Quote
  #171  
Old 06-05-2015, 08:27 AM
yellow door 1's Avatar
yellow door 1 yellow door 1 is offline
LEGEND Unicorn
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: melbourne
Posts: 11,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr perch View Post
He also had a bucket similar to yours
Yeah we must shop at the same place
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old 06-05-2015, 08:32 AM
yellow door 1's Avatar
yellow door 1 yellow door 1 is offline
LEGEND Unicorn
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: melbourne
Posts: 11,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bash View Post
Awesome ideas and awesome thread. Love it!!!
Yeah once you rise through the ranks and achieve "Innovative Ideas Man" status, you no longer see problems - only solutions

For instance - its a chilly night - and you've wasted a fair bit of wood too early.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4637.jpg (72.7 KB, 384 views)
File Type: jpg 4636.jpg (55.9 KB, 385 views)
Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old 06-05-2015, 08:35 AM
yellow door 1's Avatar
yellow door 1 yellow door 1 is offline
LEGEND Unicorn
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: melbourne
Posts: 11,987
There's still beers left but you've already burnt all the wood lying around the park - time to innovate
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4641.jpg (40.8 KB, 384 views)
File Type: jpg 4640.jpg (19.7 KB, 385 views)
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Old 06-05-2015, 08:36 AM
yellow door 1's Avatar
yellow door 1 yellow door 1 is offline
LEGEND Unicorn
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: melbourne
Posts: 11,987
Sure there will be casualties - but the rewards are there
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4639.jpg (34.9 KB, 385 views)
File Type: jpg 4638.jpg (52.5 KB, 383 views)
Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old 06-05-2015, 10:50 PM
jb2020's Avatar
jb2020 jb2020 is offline
Mature Bream
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: gtown
Posts: 253
who needs petrol when you have gum leaves


Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow door 1 View Post
Yeah once you rise through the ranks and achieve "Innovative Ideas Man" status, you no longer see problems - only solutions

For instance - its a chilly night - and you've wasted a fair bit of wood too early.....
Reply With Quote
  #176  
Old 07-05-2015, 04:56 AM
Eastbrimin's Avatar
Eastbrimin Eastbrimin is offline
Big Bream
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: East Gippy
Posts: 836
Need some of these !!! Not hand made but innovative and a good idea
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (123.3 KB, 344 views)
Reply With Quote
  #177  
Old 08-05-2015, 04:12 AM
yellow door 1's Avatar
yellow door 1 yellow door 1 is offline
LEGEND Unicorn
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: melbourne
Posts: 11,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb2020 View Post
who needs petrol when you have gum leaves
Yeah you always have to look up before you drop a branch on the fire
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4634.JPG (43.6 KB, 305 views)
Reply With Quote
  #178  
Old 08-05-2015, 04:29 AM
yellow door 1's Avatar
yellow door 1 yellow door 1 is offline
LEGEND Unicorn
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: melbourne
Posts: 11,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastbrimin View Post
Need some of these !!! Not hand made but innovative and a good idea
I've looked into getting a set - it appears to be a kickstarter project.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...token=e097df7c
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4632.JPG (86.4 KB, 303 views)
File Type: jpg 4633.JPG (113.0 KB, 304 views)
Reply With Quote
  #179  
Old 09-05-2015, 03:17 AM
jb2020's Avatar
jb2020 jb2020 is offline
Mature Bream
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: gtown
Posts: 253
strong, lightweight carp gaff fashioned out of an old 2 iron and a large hook:

http://www.breammaster.com/forum/att...1&d=1431155612

many a carp has met its demise at the hands of this little baby.....the trick is to gaff them in the head or you will just get scales
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled-1.jpg (84.1 KB, 283 views)
Reply With Quote
  #180  
Old 09-05-2015, 05:06 AM
yellow door 1's Avatar
yellow door 1 yellow door 1 is offline
LEGEND Unicorn
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: melbourne
Posts: 11,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb2020 View Post
strong, lightweight carp gaff fashioned out of an old 2 iron and a large hook:

http://www.breammaster.com/forum/att...1&d=1431155612

many a carp has met its demise at the hands of this little baby.....the trick is to gaff them in the head or you will just get scales
I like it.

Is the the hook held in place with a screw - or is it just tape
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Google