Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Tackle > Rods

Rods Get the goss on what’s hot, and what’s not...

Old 04-01-2016, 06:33 AM
Blue Lip

Daiwa silver wolf Shi Shi 7"0

Hey guys just a little review on the new Daiwa silver wolf ags Shi Shi

Rod specs
7"0
Ultra light fast action
1-3kg line rating
1-7gram cast weight

This rod has a crisp Fast action with a soft tip and then once loaded up gets a parabolic bend, the guides on the rod are suited to 25** sized reels, I believe the guides are larger then the battlers due to so you can use heavier leaders
The sensitivity using braid was great obviously because of the ags guides. The new ratchet reel seat locks in very tight. With most ags rods I've found if you try to cast them to hard you do not get the distance out of them so once u nail that part this rod has incredible distance

when used for cranks I found that it was soft enough not to pull hooks yet still enough power in the butt to control the fish, also using softer trebles like the sas Daiwa treble which are super sticky yet soft they didn't pull straight. It punched out sx40s pretty darn well, Daiwa presso deep diver casted extremely well.

When used for top water I was casting dilemma popper, dog X jrs , bent minnows, I could get a great action with ease I know these lures arnt exactly hard to work properly but if u have the wrong rod you know it can be a bit of a pain

All in all If your looking for a rod that a is a bit of an all rounder this possibly could be for you

This is just my opinion and hope this helps

I will have a review on the masamune 7"0 1-3kg , takumi 6"8 1-2kg, Sei ryu 7"6 1-2kg and the interline ronin 1-3 6"6

If any one has any question or anyone that would like to have a fish with rod and are located in Brisbane just him me up and we should be able to sort something if it works within my roster
Old 05-01-2016, 03:27 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamm View Post

If any one has any question or anyone that would like to have a fish with rod and are located in Brisbane just him me up and we should be able to sort something if it works within my roster
Hey Luke not interested in the rod but i will come fishing. Can you also please supply lures as ive lost a few lately.
cheers
Old 05-01-2016, 06:07 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren63 View Post
Hey Luke not interested in the rod but i will come fishing. Can you also please supply lures as ive lost a few lately.
cheers
Waz defiantly mate ha ha I have more then enough
Old 05-01-2016, 06:08 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt jorg View Post
Good stuff! I do like the idea of larger guides admittedly on my 1-2 and 2-4kg battlers I have 3 and 4lb flouro on them it became my preference due to the small tip guides.

Keen to hear more about the others share some pics too if possible!
Matty I'm back at site now I'll shoot u some photos thru facey in couple of weeks
And I'll be able to report back on the others then too hopefully
Old 07-01-2016, 07:21 AM
Poddy Bream

Nice review, i have the masamune so i'll be interested to see another persons opinion on the rod. Mine is matched to a 2004 Luvias and i can't halp but feel a 2506 sized reel would be a better option.
Old 11-01-2016, 02:48 PM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkichi View Post
Nice review, i have the masamune so i'll be interested to see another persons opinion on the rod. Mine is matched to a 2004 Luvias and i can't halp but feel a 2506 sized reel would be a better option.
Yeah mate I have one sitting at home with the tags on I'll get a chance my next rnr to have a good fish with the rest of them

Defiantly the rods in sw range 7"0 and over will and are better suited to 25**s

It's having the striped guide the size it is

Not to say u can't use it with the 2004 tho
Old 13-06-2017, 01:15 AM
Poddy Bream

Any word on the takumi?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: