Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Getting Started

Getting Started If you’re new to the Sport then this is the forum for you.

Old 26-02-2016, 08:16 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow door 1 View Post
I usually use live baby rabbits and duct tape - but the intestines stain the arch of my foot
Stain

Strain...

you big ole softy
Old 26-02-2016, 09:31 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slazmo View Post
Stain

Strain...

you big ole softy
The duct tape also keeps their mouths shut
Old 26-02-2016, 11:59 PM
Fingerling

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow door 1 View Post
Yeah - if you dont need to use finesse to catch bream - I highly recommended against it - its a pain in the arse

Do what you've got to do to catch what you want to catch - and if you arent catching enough - just chuck out a prawn
Thanks for the tips again, much appreciated yellow door
Old 27-02-2016, 01:56 PM
Mature Bream

Might be of interest as well if your fishing where prawns are abundant tryin to match the hatch as they say. Zerek prawns atomic prong etc matched to appropriate jig heads.... if thats what they are focused on its usually easier to simulate that then it is to get them to eat a bait fish pattern. If its an area that cops a floggin drop your leader down aswell goes along with the stealth option yellow door is talking about.... bream around structure can be very wary.

Good luck
Old 27-02-2016, 06:58 PM
Fingerling

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke4220 View Post
Might be of interest as well if your fishing where prawns are abundant tryin to match the hatch as they say. Zerek prawns atomic prong etc matched to appropriate jig heads.... if thats what they are focused on its usually easier to simulate that then it is to get them to eat a bait fish pattern. If its an area that cops a floggin drop your leader down aswell goes along with the stealth option yellow door is talking about.... bream around structure can be very wary.

Good luck
Thanks for advice Luke, next time I go fishing for bream on lures i'll try those prawn style plastics in my local river there seems to be plenty of prawns around so that will be worth a shot as well using the lightest leader I can use.
Old 18-03-2016, 05:49 AM
Fingerling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis446 View Post
I recently got into this fishing and absolutely love it. I find casting into shaded areas towards structure like pylons and opening your bailarm and letting your soft plastic sink most effective. I find Gulp Crabbys 2" rigged on a 1/40 HWS jighead most effective. Watch your line for any twithces because most of the time you will not feel anything in your rod tip. Also I find the fish like to strike in the transition from shaded water to sunny water so do not wind your plastic in straight away once it has drifted away from the pontoon.
Good luck
Thanks Louis

Seems very light 1/40oz jighead as nearly all the locations I fish have very serious tidal flow (fished with bait at one of the spots and a sz3 ball sinker can't hold bottom for long) but i'll give that ago soon fishing the jettys and pylons in areas that don't have brutal currents
Old 18-03-2016, 05:58 AM
Poddy Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by curranboy99 View Post
Thanks Louis

Seems very light 1/40oz jighead as nearly all the locations I fish have very serious tidal flow (fished with bait at one of the spots and a sz3 ball sinker can't hold bottom for long) but i'll give that ago soon fishing the jettys and pylons in areas that don't have brutal currents
Where i fish it only has a small current flowing towards me so I cast it behind the pylon, open my bailarm and let it flow past the pylon.
Old 18-03-2016, 06:27 AM
Fingerling

thanks Louis for telling me the technique I've got a spot which I've tried only a couple times with no success over the last few years (while this spot is known for sizable bream, jew, sharks, monster flathead) but i'll try that technique at that certain spot which is in brackish water so there shouldn't be much current flow

pb sand whiting: 37cm

pb tandan (freshwater catfish): 60cm

pb tilapia: 40cm/2kg (on 2lb line)

pb freshwater mullet: 26cm

Last edited by curranboy99; 18-03-2016 at 06:30 AM. Reason: write up