Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Boats > Hulls

Hulls Come in here to find info on that next boat you buy…

Old 19-02-2017, 07:52 PM
Mature Bream

Stacer 429 Outlaw vs Quintrex 420 Renegade

Hi Guys,

I've been looking at the above two boats for the last couple of months and was hoping for some feedback from anyone who has/ currently owns one of these.

I am looking for a boat that will used inshore 80% of the time, with a bit of light offshore stuff (kings, snapper etc) when the conditions are right. From what I have heard, the renegade is much better suited to this due to the flat hull design.

I've got my heart set on the renegade but would love to know thoughts/ opinions. Anything will help, thanks.
Old 19-02-2017, 08:16 PM
Blue Lip

One of the guys I fish with has the Stacer not sure if its larger than the 429 Outlaw from memory, however it's the same hull design and basically the same fit out with the side console etc.

He's got the Evinrude on the back and its a great estuary, inshore and I personally wouldnt bat an eyelid to taking it outside in 90% of the conditions I would go fishing in...

A nice quiet hull at rest, planes well and quiet through the chop.

Cant comment on the Quintrex side of things, but the Stacer gets my vote!
Old 20-02-2017, 01:07 AM
Blue Lip

Look at the deadrise of both.
Quintrex has a finer entry than the Stacer.
Above the water line both are the same.
Havent riden in the outlaw, but I do have the Renegade, all be it a 460SC.
Have been out in some slop and its a far better ride than any other tinnie I've had either larger or smaller.
Static stability in the 460 is not an issue either.

Its a work in progress
Old 20-02-2017, 07:28 AM
Big Bream

I build both of them for a living they are the same boat bar the Bottom sides basically.
The Quintrex will ride better everyday of the week in any conditions ,the 429 is slightly longer in length .
The main difference in the 2 boats is the bottom sides ,the Stacer being cut and pressed then the Quinnie being Cut,Stretched over there 1 of a kind Die and pressed to form the Bottomside of the hull.
Both are great boats Quintrex slightly better but honestly not too sure the extra cost associated with them is really worth it if it's mainly estuary work your doing.

The Outlaw will comfortably handle offshore in the right conditions.
Old 24-02-2017, 05:22 AM
Fingerling

It doesn't cost anything to test drive - take them both out and then decide.
Old 06-03-2017, 08:15 PM
Mature Bream

Further to the comments above, what size donk would everyone recommend for a four stroke tiller steer? Open to any suggestions, I fancy something in Suzuki or Tohatsu.
cheers
Steve

Last edited by t303; 06-03-2017 at 09:32 PM.
Old 07-03-2017, 12:15 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by t303 View Post
Further to the comments above, what size donk would everyone recommend for a four stroke tiller steer? Open to any suggestions, I fancy something in Suzuki or Tohatsu.
cheers
Steve
The maximum allowable!
Then test with different props for best performance, coz despite the dealer telling you, "we sell heaps of these, so we know how to set them up", in my case, they didnt
!

Its a work in progress

Last edited by CK; 07-03-2017 at 12:18 AM.
Old 06-04-2017, 09:30 AM
Big Bream

Might be a bit late with this review but i've got the Stacer 429 Outlaw in the Tiller Steer. Was tossing up between the two myself and although I believe the Quintrex would ride better I couldn't justify the extra cost over the deal I got on the Stacer. Reading a few reviews online people claim the Stacer is more stable at rest but i don't think there'd be much in it.

I use mine for everything, we're into serious 4x4ing and remote camping and although I'm often tempting fate we drag it anywhere we can get the 4x4. Had it about 16 months and have put about 110 hours on it. The girlfriend and I have had it out wide a heap of times, fished 35km offshore about a dozen times now and never felt unsafe in it with loads of crabbing, river work, cruising and even wake boarding thrown in there too.

Mines got the 60L below deck fuel tank, and I got the bimini and front kill tank through the dealer then did the rest of the fit up myself.

I've got the Yamaha F50 on mine and its loads of power, even with 5 blokes and a bunch of gear on board it still planed happily. We do a lot of beach launching straight into the surf and the 50 is a heavy engine to try and hang onto when your coming through breakers to beach it though. I've grown up doing this sort of boating and never really feel like I'm in full control once the engine's tilted, its a 2 hand effort and i often wish I'd opted for the side console. I also had to fit a Hydrofoil and Stainless Prop to get the nose down to get it out of the hole quicker. My recommendation would be to have one fitted before you even take delivery of it, completely transforms the boat.

If your in Perth I'm happy to take you for a run on mine and give you a play with it but all in all I couldn't ask much more out of a boat this size. Can put some pics up of what i did to mine if you like. Hopefully I get a chance to weld the Mine Kota mount to it on Saturday then I'm set for Breaming too.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: