Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Bream Anglers Tavern

Bream Anglers Tavern Drop in here if you're just surfing with a beer in your hand. Good place to just hang out...

Old 10-03-2018, 11:15 PM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevvy View Post
This is a very interesting.
This is my first visit for about six weeks but before that I've been away for so long I totally missed the site crash.
I've been a member since 2002 and I agree those were the days, lots of info and laughs to be had.
My major reason for visiting less was when I would log on and browse through new posts and they would be 80% some one selling gear, breammaster went from a forum to ebay for fishing gear.
I admit I did get one or two deals on some lures but it just became ridiculous the amount of "for sale" posts. In connection with this was the amount of my gear is better than your gear slanging matches that was also a big turn off.
I think it was a mistake to include a classifieds section in the forum I would be interested to know how or why it was allowed.
In all honesty the gear trading section was a big positive to the forum for me and I don't think it really related to the death of the forum.

I think that the forum (like most) was struggling a bit with Facebook groups etc. and was pushed over the edge with reliability issues.
Old 11-03-2018, 05:18 PM
Blue Lip

Tackle Tour seems to have a more of a "engaged / committed" patronage and willing to discuss topics more openly than on BM - not sure whats going on here but its averge in comparison.

The weather here has been pretty wet all weekend, I put up a few posts and it took me a while to do so, not like pictures just miraculously appear and post construct themselves - the outcome 2 comments and a sh*t tonne of views. I'm not asking for praises from anyone just engagement of some sort, BM in the past yeh couldn't go wrong with active in tune engaging conversation.

Have a feeling opening a blog page would be more proactive after this weekend efforts.
Old 12-03-2018, 04:54 AM
Poddy Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Osborne View Post
well at least this thread is still alive. I do agree with the gear slagging comment Kevvy, and Collie Yak, hang in their bud the bream scene can appear very secretive and fickle at times.
I feel that folks shut down with trip reports and methods when they see evidence of what had been a productive scenic paradise overrun with fresh faces all of a sudden.

Was a time when what got posted stayed very much inside the group. Folks twigged onto joining just for info on where and when, that practice has exploded into epademic proportions.

Folks nowerdays trawl through these sites in ever increasing numbers and act on the information gained..

One person started reporting on a local salt water river where he caught bream and mulloway. It took just three weeks for the pot hunting navy to move in and shut the place down.

Another wrote an article in a monthly magazine using very emotive language....sure enough big spike in visitor numbers.

I did a spot on Rex Hunts fishing show and innocently passed on some insider information on a hot Snapper bite. Nearly got lynched by the local Maltese Navy, and I never ever got another hot tip.....

Its a sign of the tjimrs I feel.
Old 02-04-2018, 04:22 AM
Big Bream

Well for me I have been diagnosed with cancer twice so had to sell everything I owned, just getting back into it now and deffinetly agree it's not what it was a afew years ago ! can only see afew parts of the forum too ?
Old 04-04-2018, 03:20 AM
Blue Lip

Apps
Old 07-05-2018, 03:20 AM
Big Bream

I come back to say hey to a few folks, and everyones gone.

Bummer, where did they all go... help an old fella out.
Old 08-05-2018, 10:48 PM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocksy View Post
I come back to say hey to a few folks, and everyones gone.

Bummer, where did they all go... help an old fella out.
where the hell did you come from
Old 09-05-2018, 12:28 AM
Blue Lip

There was an issue for me where BM would not pass the security of my work computer and I could not open the site as all.
Now using a different company's work computer I'm unable to post comments in "forums" but am able to view the site which may explain some threads where there's plenty of views with no comments.
Old 10-05-2018, 09:39 PM
Big Bream

Hey Axle. 😉

I haven't logged in for 6 years or so.

I stopped coming out of frustration. There use to be monthly reports of BREAM with by catch whilst breaming which was great. All of a sudden the reports were filled with reports of every fish and hardly any bream?

I also think there was a time when breaming was a massive craze. I think alot of breamers (except the hardcore) have moved on to other species with better success after learning from breaming.
Old 14-05-2018, 03:52 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongReach View Post
Hey Axle. ��

I haven't logged in for 6 years or so.

I stopped coming out of frustration. There use to be monthly reports of BREAM with by catch whilst breaming which was great. All of a sudden the reports were filled with reports of every fish and hardly any bream?

I also think there was a time when breaming was a massive craze. I think alot of breamers (except the hardcore) have moved on to other species with better success after learning from breaming.
Yeah looks like Bream is the Gateway Fish.
Old 01-06-2018, 10:29 PM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by The G factor View Post
where the hell did you come from
I moved and quit fishing. 5 years in spending recovery. Trying to buy a yacht.
Old 22-06-2018, 12:01 AM
Web Master

Interesting read here. I stumbled back into the site following a boat building link. Breammaster forums were originally started to give the emerging tournament fishers a place to hang out and communicate. We also had a pretty active online store which was started in May 2002, the forums followed later in the year. This was well before Facebook, which is where the majority of conversation happens now that I can see.

I'm glad to see the site still active, even if traffic has reduced. It should always be a great resource for those coming into the sport, and wanting to get some tips.

Quite funny to think the hot gear back then was Crappy Spiders, Sliders, Halco Scorpion 35's etc. etc. I still remember help kicking Ecogear off in Australia way back when.

Enjoy your fishing, glad to see BM still ticking along.

Cheers

Warren.

Old 22-06-2018, 02:20 AM
Blue Lip

To this point I have found this thread a very interesting read. My simple understanding of what it means to die is that one no longer breathes ... but I do not see this is the case for the BM site. It continues to breathe just differently. It may not be as frenetic as it has been in the past but it certainly continues to live. It has been a compendium of bream fishing wealth for me and is the first place I go to when needing information. It would be a shame to loose all the years of information that it holds. The site is not all things to everybody nor does it need to be. Just to those anglers that are still drawn to chasing the wiley bream and need a forum to share experiences and knowledge. Just my little bit. Regards, HBt.
Old 25-06-2018, 09:03 AM
Dead Set Legend

numbers

Imagine if each of the guests currently on the forum started just one thread.

BM.JPG

And what was so cool at dawn on December 19 last year.
Old 26-06-2018, 06:15 AM
Big Bream

From memory, the previous record for most users on line prior to this one was at around 3:00AM on a date in 2009 or 2010 so I am somewhat dubious as to the factual basis of either claim.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: