Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Getting Started

Getting Started If you’re new to the Sport then this is the forum for you.

Old 26-01-2003, 09:07 AM

Demo Day

Hi all, Have any of you out there considered having a demo/forum day where those with boats and those who may be considering buying a boat could meet and learn about setup, handling etc.

I know I'd benefit from the exchange of ideas, It would also be a good opportunity for non-boaters to meet boaters. I for one don't use my boat as much as I'd like to because of the difficulty of going alone.

The idea could also be extended to tackle and techniques.

Is anyone interested?
Old 26-01-2003, 09:47 AM
Big Bream

great idea steve. i think some of the guys in the west already have a social and not so social fish every now and then.

im interested in a boat in the next year or 2 but finding 1st hand experience is a problem

its the little things like launching etc that scare me ...to have someone with experience showing how its done would be invaluable
Old 26-01-2003, 09:59 AM
Mature Bream

from one pete to another i'am in the process of buying a boat this week or two yet i'am going to walpole next weekend as a nonboater .
hope to persuede BEAR not me to get a heap of photos up on the pages after of all the bream boaters in perth round of the bream comps.
peter.
Old 26-01-2003, 04:31 PM
Your Friendly Moderator

If there's anyone in NSW who's keen for a fish just let me know - I'm always looking for more fishermates.

I regularly fish the Parramatta River, Hawkesbury, Georges etc. and also don't mind heading a bit further afield - that's where the Swag comes in handy

Melbourne's not too big an ask either - gotta love those Docklands Bream - and after Adam Royter's essay like post on areas down there, I'm keen again

5 more sleeps until Vic B.R.E.A.M. Round 1

Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life!

Team BreamMaster Member
Old 26-01-2003, 11:52 PM
Fishing Tragic

I've got copies of all the boats that have competed so far. A good idea is to come out with us on boating days we are trying to have. Going to have to give this week a miss as most of us will be in Wapole. We'll have a chat down there and see if we can get a crew for the week after.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BreamOnFly/
----------------------------------------------
http://www.breammaster.com/images/bea001.jpg
Old 27-01-2003, 11:00 AM
Poddy Bream

Good idea steve, i went to a social fish with a bunch of the guys a couple of weeks ago, and even though not many fish were caught i managed to pick up enough info on retreval speed and lures other guys are using, to catch my first bream on lure a couple of days ago.

Any time you want to put your boat in im more than happy to help out , as im always on the lookout to get a ride in a boat.(until i get one of my own).
Just give me a yell.

cheers kevvy.