Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Bream Anglers Tavern

Bream Anglers Tavern Drop in here if you're just surfing with a beer in your hand. Good place to just hang out...

Old 27-02-2018, 06:17 PM
Blue Lip

Why did breammaster die???

Just curious as to what has happened here? Is it just me that thinks this site has died or do more agree? Why has it died? Can it be brough back to life? This site use to be such a great place for info and i myself used to post an average 6 times a day but now nearly never....so lets hear peoples opinions to why they think it died....thats if anyone even reads this...

Proudly Supported by :

Nordic Stage Rods
Old 27-02-2018, 06:28 PM
Mature Bream

It's not dead yet, but that is the way forums are going these days. If people continue to post, it won't die. It gives people a reason to log in and/or start an account and post.

Last edited by gsenaeef67; 27-02-2018 at 06:35 PM.
Old 27-02-2018, 06:30 PM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsenaeef67 View Post
It's not dead yet, but that is way forums are going these days. If people continue to post, it won't die. It gives people a reason to log in and/or start an account and post.
Yes but why did people stop posting to begin with? There was a reason....it doeant just happen

Proudly Supported by :

Nordic Stage Rods
Old 27-02-2018, 06:37 PM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgarner447 View Post
Yes but why did people stop posting to begin with? There was a reason....it doeant just happen
There's probably many reasons. Lack of fishing reports, the sense of a dying forum, lack of posts and activity, Facebook/Instagram which are more user friendly, the need to sign up here, small difficulties in uploading pictures etc. Those are also no just unique reasons affecting Breammaster. Other fishing forums have ceased operating over the years. The one's left including Breammaster I would say have been one of the more successful ones and that is why they still exist.

I think the past month or two, there's been a lot more life and activity on Breammaster. A lot of people really want to resurrect the website and putting a post or two up every day or so really helps to generate traffic and activity. So if anyone sees me posting rubbish, then they know the intention behind it.

Last edited by gsenaeef67; 27-02-2018 at 06:39 PM.
Old 27-02-2018, 06:43 PM
Blue Lip

I personally feel alot of people had enough of their posts being deleted,I did see alot of that happening when i was more active here , and that was a usual complaint , Maybe mods needed to step back and allow a bit more freedom? I understand sometimes its very easy for things to get out of control but really is it that much of an issue ? its a forum.

Proudly Supported by :

Nordic Stage Rods
Old 27-02-2018, 06:44 PM
Poddy Bream

I'm a new user here, but a frequent forum user elsewhere, and this place does seem to be pretty quiet. Which is a pity as there is some great info here and plenty of users who have a wealth of great knowledge. Would be great if it picks up, but even if it doesn't I'll still continue to check in a couple of times a day.
Old 27-02-2018, 06:46 PM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felofasofa View Post
I'm a new user here, but a frequent forum user elsewhere, and this place does seem to be pretty quiet. Which is a pity as there is some great info here and plenty of users who have a wealth of great knowledge. Would be great if it picks up, but even if it doesn't I'll still continue to check in a couple of times a day.
you should have seen this place a few years ago mate , it was an awesome place to be and welcome to the forum.

Proudly Supported by :

Nordic Stage Rods
Old 27-02-2018, 06:48 PM
Mature Bream

I thought a site with so many sponsors,,could run a few more little give aways,,great way to promote themselves aswell..
Maybe a few videos and how to use there products,from the guys they sponsor that use there products,would be first hand knowledge
Old 27-02-2018, 06:54 PM
Blue Lip

Good thread Jason. Funny I was just talking to someone this morning on this topic.
I really think a lot of people lost interest with the great website meltdown. Remember the website was down for days you couldn't log on when it was up. I think it lost a lot then.
Totally agree their is a wealth of knowledge in the threads here.
Facebook is for all those pretenders wanting instant gratification with the product pushing and hashtags. Fortunately only a small part happens on here.
Just my 2 cents worth. What does everyone else think.
PS. Yes I know I'm slack at posting
Old 27-02-2018, 06:58 PM
Poddy Bream

Quote:
I personally feel alot of people had enough of their posts being deleted,I did see alot of that happening when i was more active here , and that was a usual complaint , Maybe mods needed to step back and allow a bit more freedom? I understand sometimes its very easy for things to get out of control but really is it that much of an issue ? its a forum.
Sail Anarchy is another place I frequent. It describes itself as a place for adults and there is no limits on profanity, and probably little moderation within the forums. It can get pretty willing in there, but that in itself is quite entertaining, and overall the tone is fine and I don't find myself going "whoa" that's pretty nasty. They also publish a fair few articles and opinions pieces and seem to attract plenty of advertisers and sponsors. Overall it's a pretty active forum with an international user base including plenty of Industry figures.

I'm also a longtime Whirlpool user, which is heavily moderated, so you have to behave, but it remains popular.
Old 27-02-2018, 07:00 PM
Blue Lip

some really good posts here, warren i think your definitely right about the melt downs coz that really sucked , i remember and brett i agree that site owner & mods could be more involved

Hope that the mods wont delete this post because i think it will give them some really good ideas how to bring it back to the old days

Proudly Supported by :

Nordic Stage Rods
Old 27-02-2018, 07:07 PM
Poddy Bream

Quote:
you should have seen this place a few years ago mate , it was an awesome place to be and welcome to the forum.
Cheers, and thanks for the welcome. I've always enjoyed the Fisho crowd - a friendly and helpful bunch. Where else can you go up to a complete stranger and start up a conversation as you do quite often when you rock up to a fishing spot and find other guys there? I did this last sunday down at Brunswick Heads and the bloke was a fellow Kiwi and it turned out we had grown up in similar places and had a great convo.

Btw, the river at Brunswick Heads is all brown because of the recent rains and the bream are feeding big time. Caught a monster bream - didn't get a photo though, as I would have posted it here. Heading down again today.

Last edited by Felofasofa; 27-02-2018 at 07:47 PM. Reason: typo
Old 27-02-2018, 07:12 PM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felofasofa View Post
Cheers, and thanks for the welcome. I've always enjoyed the Fisho crowd - a friendly and helpful bunch. Where else can you go up to a complete stranger and start up a conversation as you do quite often do when you rock up to a fishing spot and find other guys there? I did this last sunday down at Brunswick Heads and the bloke was a fellow Kiwi and it turned out we had grown up in similar places and had a great convo.

Btw, the river at Brunswick Heads is all brown because of the recent rains and the bream are feeding big time. Caught a monster bream - didn't get a photo though, as I would have posted it here. Heading down again today.
Good stuff mate

Proudly Supported by :

Nordic Stage Rods
Old 27-02-2018, 09:09 PM
Mature Bream

Secret Spots

Interesting thread, I haven't been around here in a very long time but first started lurking in 2003. I've seen the site in its glory days and everything inbetween. For me one of the big losses to the site was fishing reports and technique discussions. People used to be really keen to share info and postpictures and share the knowledge they'd amassed through hours on the water. It then seemd the site got too big for its own good with less desirables lurking around and working out the spots guys had spent hours working out and fishing them to death and taking all the fish.

I can remember coming on breammaster to see where the bite was hot before heading out for a fish. Now this never happens and for good reason. I have seen spots suddenly crawling with fisherman after a good post on BM. Its a real shame but I don't really know how it can be helped.

The site has also lost a few of its real characters. I think its a natural progression thing but I can remember when WA had a vibrant group of larikin anglers constantly ripping on each other and trying to out-do one another. Perhaps it will come back or perhaps those sorts of groups are confined to Instagram and Facebook these days.

I've beeen out of fishing for almost 2 years now due to work and life commitments but just recently I've really got the bug again. I plan to get out there and get some content worthy of the posts that really sparked my interest beck in my early fishing career. The first hurdle is going to be catching some fish of note!
Old 27-02-2018, 09:12 PM
Big Bream

I don't like to think that it actually died. It's just a bit sick, that's all.

In my mind, the problems started when we had lots and lots of technical problems at the site. It was out of action for ages. Many people just gave up on it. I know I nearly did.

This has been compounded by the plethora of Facebook fishing pages that are currently out there. Many members are now getting their fishing 'fix' on Facebook. It's pretty much the same for all forum sites, Facebook is taking over, to a degree. However, Facebook will never be able to provide the information that a proper forum site, like Bream Master can, as the Facebook pages are just a hodgepodge of random posts, posted one day and mostly never looked at again. They don't have any order or longevity. It's difficult to use them as a research tool, unlike a proper forum site.

Hopefully Bream Master will regain some of its former glory. We need to see more fishing reports and more nitty gritty stuff about how to catch bream under adverse conditions.

We have a few die hards, who have nursed the site along through the hard times and my thanks goes out to them.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: