Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Tackle > Rods

Rods Get the goss on what’s hot, and what’s not...

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 19-12-2013, 08:32 AM
Blue Lip

13 Envy's - Review.

Hey Guys,

The Australian models of Envy's have just arrived into the country and are now in most stores that stock 13.

I received a couple that I have been waiting on for a while now and they are super impressive.

Got out today and managed around 9 -10 bream but caught fish on each of the models.

The one's i went with are as follows. EBSA63ML, EBSA610L, EBSA71LM. All Envy models are made from 40Ton Toray Japanese graphite, Evolve Palm perfect grips (these have to be one of the most comfortable on the market) and Kigan titanium K-Series guides.

EBSA63ML - This one is 6'3" and is rated 4-8 lbs has an X-Fast taper, and today fishing bridges and pontoons with stick minnows it was my favourite. Super accurate to cast, very sensitive tip so you could detect the most subtle of bites yet more than enough grunt down low to get them out from the structure fast.

EBSA610L - This rods has been specifically designed for the Australian market and I think this will be a great all rounder, it is rated 2-8 lbs has a fast taper and is very very crisp. It punches out cast with ease and is still very accurate. had no problem pulling bream out from under some pontoons today.

EBSA71LM - This is going to be a cracking flats and hard body rod, perfect for ripping crank and jerk baits along rockwalls or slow rolling over some flats. It is rated 2-8 lbs but has a Medium taper and would pair up well with some straight through fluro or for running long leaders. Will cast a mile and is very sensitive in the tip too.

I can't get over how light these rods are, and they balance really well with anything from a 2004 up to a 2508.

Feel free to ask me any questions you may have or get into your local store and check out the 13 range, if they don't ask them to.

Ill give you a review of the Aus Omen models in the coming weeks.

Cheers DB.

6 10 in action.

Last edited by gtxrally; 19-12-2013 at 11:05 PM.
Old 19-12-2013, 10:20 AM
Blue Lip

Cant wait to get my stash of ENVY's loaded next week!
These are so crisp and sensitive through the tip, they are going to turn a lot of heads.

13 Fishing
Like us on Facebook for updates and pictures: http://www.facebook.com/13FishingAustralia?fref=ts
Old 21-12-2013, 07:02 PM
Blue Lip

Some more pics of the Handles guys, these certainly are a sweet rod.

Old 21-12-2013, 07:11 PM
Mature Bream

Sexyyyyy rods!!

Even after all my issues with my first 13 Fishing Rod I'm still going to buy more, the blanks are epicly nice.
Old 21-12-2013, 07:13 PM
Blue Lip

Hey gtx

What's a rrp of these bad boys
Old 21-12-2013, 07:16 PM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokindrags View Post
Hey gtx

$369 I think?
Old 22-12-2013, 08:18 PM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoshoes View Post
Sexyyyyy rods!!

Even after all my issues with my first 13 Fishing Rod I'm still going to buy more, the blanks are epicly nice.
Yes mate,
i believe the guides are all sorted now and the new omen aussie models are very crisp as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokindrags View Post
Hey gtx

Hey mate, From memory they are $389 RRP but check with your local stockists and they will be able to advise.
Cheers Dale.
Old 13-02-2014, 07:03 PM
Fingerling

Hey guys, apologies for bringing up an older thread but didn't think a new thread was necessary as my question is a similar topic.

I'm just chasing some extra info/practical experience with the 13 envy range. Particular model I am looking at was the EBS71M to match to a Stella 3000 loaded with 10lb braid/20-30lb leader as an allrounder in North Queensland chasing sorties, small/potentially big barra, general creek luring being a step above 6lb.

So questions, envy worth the money over the omen? , sensitivity comparisons to other rods (I know subjective but all opinions welcome), opinions from those that have used the 71M and also anything else I should be aware of before pulling the pin on one.

Thanks in advance.
Old 13-02-2014, 10:23 PM
Big Bream

Can't comment on the envy but I own the 7'1 and 6'10 omens black series and I can honestly say they are unreal
Have handled some seriesous bream out of tight situations, I generally use the 6'10 for blading seems to have slightly more feel and use the 7'1 for plastics and hard bodies and it's great, plus you always get comments on how awesome the rods look, they look mighty fine matched to a nice looking reel
Go into your closest stocker of the selection and have a feel you won't be disappointed
pb snapper on plastic 58cm folk

Last edited by jayojay; 14-02-2014 at 02:26 AM.
Old 14-02-2014, 12:02 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walshy_93 View Post
Hey guys, apologies for bringing up an older thread but didn't think a new thread was necessary as my question is a similar topic.

I'm just chasing some extra info/practical experience with the 13 envy range. Particular model I am looking at was the EBS71M to match to a Stella 3000 loaded with 10lb braid/20-30lb leader as an allrounder in North Queensland chasing sorties, small/potentially big barra, general creek luring being a step above 6lb.

So questions, envy worth the money over the omen? , sensitivity comparisons to other rods (I know subjective but all opinions welcome), opinions from those that have used the 71M and also anything else I should be aware of before pulling the pin on one.

Thanks in advance.

The ENVY rods will be generally around 10-20g physically lighter than the comparable OMEN model. What that means is the rod feels crisper and more sensitive.

The 71M is a popular rod up there for what you describe the other model that is popular is the 67M. Just a little shorter and a shorter full grip handle.
Old 14-02-2014, 12:20 AM
Big Bream

g`day, id be keen to see how well the cork goes around the reel foot section.looks tho if it might be susceptible to breaking?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg file_zps034538ca.jpg (126.5 KB, 682 views)
Old 14-02-2014, 08:52 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnev View Post
g`day, id be keen to see how well the cork goes around the reel foot section.looks tho if it might be susceptible to breaking?
Hey Nev,
I have an Envy that is well over a year old now and has been used by most of the pro staff at some point, it is an original US model with recoils and the handle is still as good as the newer ones i have. I will try and get a pic of the 2 for you in the coming days to show you.
Cheers DAle.
Old 14-02-2014, 02:21 PM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnev View Post
I haven't seen a problem with that ever. And that's since I started with them almost 18months ago.
Old 14-02-2014, 05:37 PM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxrally View Post
Yes mate,
i believe the guides are all sorted now and the new omen aussie models are very crisp as well.

Hey mate, From memory they are $389 RRP but check with your local stockists and they will be able to advise.
Cheers Dale.
That is a real lot of money for a rod made in China. US retail is $220. We are screwed by the importer/distributor yet again.
Old 14-02-2014, 06:02 PM
Mature Bream

I want to check this rods out, but don't know which stores stock them around the western suburbs. They look so sweet!